Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dunkenhms Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Toilet won't flush
    Our toilet will not flush all the way. We tried shortening and lengthening the chain and that did not help. It looks like the flapper is closing too soon. How can I fix this? Or Do you think this is even the problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Please explain your complaint in more detail. Does the flush cut off too short?
    Does the bowl fill up, swirl around and drain slowly down leaving solids behind?
    Back to you. Regards, Tom

Mar 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
    The flush cuts off too short. If we hold the handle down we can get it to flush all the way-- but I would prefer to just push it down and let go :)
    Solids will be left behind if I do not hold the handle down long enough.
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
    New toilets are like that to save water, u have to hold it down for a long flush

Mar 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
    This is not a new toilet.

Mar 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
    This is not a new toilet and it's not even flushing enough to get the waste out of the toilet.
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Mar 25, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Snake toilet complete
    Time to replace all of the tank parts or the complete toilet
    Get r done:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush [ 17 Answers ]

I flushed the toilet, the water goes down from the tank, but it swirls around and around in the toilet bowl but does not flush. What is the problem. Help.

New toilet sometimes won't flush [ 3 Answers ]

I have just installed a new toilet / replacement toilet and sometimes it just won't flush. The bowl fills up like it is clogged but it can't be because it is only liquid and no solids in the bowl. When it doesn't flush I notice that if I fill the sink with water and then let it drain out it will...

Toilet flush [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I flush my toiet cistern, it makes a load groaning noise sounds like there is an airlock. This can be stopped by turning the cold tap on full in the kitchen. How do I stop this problem?? I live in a flat if this makes a difference. Many thanks

Random toilet flush [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: Hope someone can help. Have ~ 50 yr old toilet with relatively new flapper valve and fill valve that were replaced a year or so ago and toilet worked OK. About two weeks ago toilet would not flush completely and paper etc. would stay in the bowl. When not working, water would slowly...

View more questions Search