Ask
    fay11961 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Water well pressure tank
    How do I know if it needs replaced?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
    What kind of tank is it? does it have a bladder in it? Does the pump cycle faster than usual? does you pressure drop very fast when you turn on a faucet? Does the tank leak? is it possible that the tank is waterlogged?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 05:31 AM
    As long as it isn't leaking, or losing its air, no need to replace it. If it is over 30 years old, you might replace it before it does start to leak.

When they lose their air, the pump cycles on and off rapidly. You can replace the air by shutting the pump off and letting the tank drain. Then shut the water off to the house and add air to bring the pressure up to 2 psi below where the pump kicks in. Then restart the pump and open the valve to the house. For a long time, tanks have had a bladder in them to keep from losing their air. The bladder can fail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Low water pressure from hot water tank [ 8 Answers ]

I drained my water supply when fitting new bathroom suite I have turn the mains water back on but I am not getting any pressure from the hot water taps the cold is fine

Water pressure tank [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change my water pressure tank?

Need to change pressure gage on water tank. [ 2 Answers ]

My old gage has some water on the inside of the dial,and I need to change it. There's no shut off valve on the line coming in from the water pump to the tank so ill have to turn the pump off and drain the tank to replace the gage. I believe my tank has an air bladder because there's a valve on top...

View more questions Search