Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lydiacytlau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 03:47 AM
    Water pressure too high?
    Hi
    I moved into my new house a few days ago and have noticed that the bath tap is constantly dripping. I don't think it is the washers, as when I turn on the sink tap the bath tap leak stops - could this indicate that the water pressure is too high? How do I go about reducing it?

Many thanks!

Lydia
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Well, you could install a pressure reducing valve, but I would start at the inexpensive side of things and try rebuilding the tub tap first.

A pressure reducing valve is neither cheap to buy or cheap to install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water pressure TOO high [ 16 Answers ]

We purchased our house 2 years ago and it is about 14 years old now. I have noticed that the water pressure (hot or cold) is extremely high. It is the same in all faucets: tubs, sinks, toilets etc. We do not get any "banging" of the pipes but it can get crasy with the kids when they turn the water...

High water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently changed my water heater and have discovered that my water pressure is VERY high. Upon completion of the installation, I noticed the T & P valve opened. I installed a pressure gauge on an outside hose bib to find my pressure running between 150 - 160 PSI. I have a pressure reducing...

Too High pressure, not enough hot water [ 4 Answers ]

I have what is supposed to be a water saver in 2 of my bathrooms (same shower head in both). Both bathrooms are on the same floor. One shower is perfect, and I can take over an hour shower without running out of hot water. The other shower has extremely high pressure and I run out of hot water...

High pressure water application [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am working to design a high pressure, cool water system (2000 psi) including spray nozzles and would like to know if either black iron pipe or galvanized pipe would be preferable. Things I'm concerned with are durability, cost, nozzles clogging... the water is only for cleaning, not for...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search