Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muston88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Cast iron soil pipe shortening
    I need to trim the end of a 4 inch cast iron soil pipe. What is the smallest piece I can cut off with a soil pipe cutter?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by muston88
    I need to trim the end of a 4 inch cast iron soil pipe. What is the smallest piece I can cut off with a soil pipe cutter?
    Not the correct question. You tell me how much you wish to take off and I'll tell you the best way to do it. Regards, Tom
    muston88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 08:13 PM
    About 1/2 inch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! We're fixing a cast iron soil pipe & NEED HELP! [ 10 Answers ]

OK - short history of our problem! - We have a 60 yr old house - crawl space - cast iron pipes... Last week we had a back up from the washer into the tub & toilet - from the tub into the toilet... We have only 1 bath so this was VERY BAD! :( - Called Roto Rooter - $270 later - and an extra trip...

Crack in Cast Iron Main soil stack [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I just moved into a Bi-level house approx. 40-50 years old. It has a Cast Iron Main soil stack (main vertical sewer line). On the lower level I noticed that it has a crack that is approx 5"-6" long about 1/4" thick. Now I bought a new pluming book because of some other repairs I had...

Cast iron soil stack to pvc [ 15 Answers ]

the plumbing in our house is from 1936. We noticed a large stain in the ceiling, tore it out to reveal the cast iron soil stack (runs from the upstairs bathroom turns a corner then runs straight to the basement) and found the leak was around (very bad leak) the lead joint. My husband finally got...

Cast iron soil pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would appreciate very much if someone could clarify some questions I have on oakum/lead joints I have 3 horizontal hub and spigot joints to repair on 4" cast iron sewer pipe. The pipe itself is @ 5 years old. I would like to know if this is the correct way to solve this problem... ...

Cast iron waste pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have just bought a 32 yr old house and have started updating some of the fixtures. In our 1/2 bath the previous owners installed a pedistal sink with brass fixtures (p-trap, hot cold valves). We are changing all things brass to brushed nickel. So we took out the sink to paint...

View more questions Search