Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andy H Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2005, 10:22 AM
    Lukewarm bath/shower
    Hi,

My bath/shower has only had lukewarm water for the past couple of weeks and it is driving me crazy. The rest of the house has hot water (very hot -- I turned up the hot water heater's temperature to nearly 140 degrees) including the sink in the same bathroom as the bath/shower that only has lukewarm water.

The valve in the shower has "Delta 1400 series" and "Monitor" written on it. There in only one knob, which has both hot and cold water on it.

Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 21, 2005, 04:41 PM
    Lukewarm bath/shower
    Hey Andy,
    First thing, go back and turn the temperature back to 120 degrees. Your problem's in the valve itself. Remove the handle and escutcheon plate. Shut the water off at the screwdriver stops and open up the valve and remove the seats and springs from the housing assembly. Check for any trash or crud. Now open up the hot water screwdriver stop, (the left one) and flush out the supply line. You should have a full stream. If not the blockage's further on back down the line. Good luck, Tom
    Andy H Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2005, 06:14 PM
    Hi Tom,

Well, I am not sure what most of those things are that you mentioned, but I went in there and took the knob off and a couple of other things - basically going as much off as I could. I got to this white plastic thing that wouldn't budge, and I was afraid to it force off. At that point, I was ready to call it a day, figuring that the real action (and problem) must be behind the white thing (thus, further in the wall) - so I put everything back on and was resigned to call a plumber. But after putting everything back on, I tried the water one more time... and it was hot!! My family was very excited - and so was I. I don't know what I did - maybe it was just what you were telling me to do, which is essentially to "take it apart"? Maybe I just got lucky when putting it back together and made some adjustment. Who knows. The important thing is that the morning shower is now something to look forward to, not to dread.

Thank you so much for your help.

Andy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Bath & Shower Fixtures [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new shower/bath area built and plumbed quite some time ago. I have finished tiling and an ready to have the shower nozzle, hot/cold knobs, and bath faucet installed. I was just told the pipes that were installed must match the brand of fixture. Is this right? I have no idea what the...

Low bath tub and shower pressure [ 2 Answers ]

We had a leak and some pipes had to be changed that lead to the shower head. We also had a new tub faucet installed. Pressure was low to both the shower and tub so we had the plumber return for an adjustment. It was OK for a while, but still not very much pressure. Several months passed and ...

Help with bath/ shower on slab [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering installing a Sterling brand two piece tub w/ shower enclosure in our full bath. Here's why when we purchased our home last Nov.of 2005 we did not notice the last owner had altered the bathing area. What he did was remove the tub spout and had a make shift cheap...

Adding a shower to half bath*rough-in question [ 24 Answers ]

Here's the deal... I am going to be adding a shower to an existing 1/2 bath in my basement. The toilet is vented up out of the slab on the other side of the wall,in my utility closet, makes about a 4' run into another wall where it ties into the lav. /washing machines' drain. the lav./washing...

No pressure in master bath shower [ 1 Answers ]

In the master bath shower we have very little pressure but in the other bath there is lots of pressure. The fixtures in the shower are old could this be the problem. HELP!!

View more questions Search