Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dspanogle Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2005, 09:23 PM
    sizing sewage ejector
    I am owner/builder in design stage of a new 'log' cabin with basement and just got to plumbing. I will of course hire a plumbing sub-contractor but want to avoid total redesign by 'understanding' enough basics to get it OK on my floor plan. I will post the drain and venting questions as a separate post. Here is my question re the sewage ejector.
    I will use a sewage ejector in basement to lift 9 feet to plumbing for main level (in floor - basement ceiling). I will have a shower, toilet, washing machine, bathroom sink and a hobby room sink in basement. Worse case is: The washer drains, I flush the W/C, my wife is showering, my daughter is washing her hair in the sink, and my son is cleaning his motorcycle engine in the hobby room - all at same time. (Just kidding of course). I can not find the data to tell me how big of tub I need for ejector and how many GPM the pump needs to pump at a lift of 9 feet. I am looking at 30 Gal tub with this pump: HP=4/10, watts=1020, flow rate=4800gph@5', shut-off=18' (little giant) Is that going to meet UPC and better yet - do the job? Or another way to answer this is How many gallons/min do I need to design to to handle the listed fixtures - meet UPC?
    Dennis
    PS I have learned a LOT just reading through your posts - great service - THANKS in advance!! :-)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 12, 2005, 06:40 AM
    Sizing sewage ejector
    Hey Dennis,
    You are looking at a system that pumps 80 GPM and lifts it 5 feet. Let me show you some self contained systems that may meet your requirements much better. Click on; http://www.pumpshop.us/sewage-pumps.html and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will find 2 Pumb/Basin Packages. One pumps 78 GPM but lifts it 19 1/2 feet and the other pumps 180 GPM and lifts it 20 feet. Or if you'd like a classier look go to; http://www.saniflo.com/products/prod...Spec_Sheet.pdf
    And scroll down to SaniVite for all systems and check that macerating system out. All the systems will lift higher then the 9 feet that you require. Kudos on undertaking such a major project. Tom
    dspanogle Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2005, 01:13 PM
    Thanks very much. I assume I need at least 80 GPM then - and of course I need to lift more than 5 feet so will go with one of your recommendations. Thanks also for the links. I will add to my possible sources.

Dennis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Ejector Questions [ 4 Answers ]

I have a workshop located behind my home. The shop is currently using a very old and failing septic system. I would like to use a sewage ejector to pump the wastewater from a toilet, sink and shower (minimal use) in the shop up to the city sewer line that the home is attached to. The shop bathroom...

Sewage Ejector Pump in a Basement [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all I am new to this board so forgive me if this has already been asked. I am in the process of adding a basement to our basement. We have a septic system with the discharge pipe about 3 feet above the floor. Several questions. I want to add a Toilet, sink and tub. What all has to be vented....

Sepage into ejector basin [ 4 Answers ]

Need advice/ideas on stopping seepage into ejector basin. Bi-level house, crawl space was dug out to make a basement, and contractor installed a poly basin & ejector pump for the laundry tub. He also ran the floor drain into this basin using PVC. When they cut the hole in the side of the basin...

Ejector pump odor [ 1 Answers ]

I have an ejector pump for our basement bathroom and it seems to be releasing a septic odor. What can I do to eliminate the odor?

Ejector Pit Smells! [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ejector pit in my basement with a shower, washer, and toilet draining into it. The top is bolted down and the pvc has snug rubber fittings where it passes through the top but the odor is still strong. Is there any thing I can do to control or reduce the odor?

View more questions Search