Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canoeist11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Repair/replace leaky swivel spout?
    I am looking to fix (preferably) a leak on 30 yr old Gerber laundry faucet w/swivel spout. I am unclear if this can be accomplished or if the entire faucet needs to be replaced. The faucet is on 8" centers w/ acrylic handles. The leak is at the base of the swivel spout. After removing the chrome retaining nut at the base of the swivel spout, I see no obvious way of further removing the spout to acces an O-ring, etc.

As this is a deep stainless steel sink top- mounted in a counter top, access in side the cabinet is difficult and time consuming. However, if faucet replacement is the only option, I will do so.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 03:03 PM
    After removing the retaining nut try lifting straight up on the spout with a little twist.
    canoeist11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    After removing the retaining nut try lifting straight up on the spout with a little twist.
    Thanks for the tip! It worked great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall Hung Sink Repair/Replace [ 6 Answers ]

I am a Landlord. I have a turn over that the bathroom sink was, sat on, leaned on, stood on. So what I have is the sink tilted down and pulled away from the wall. The caulking is hanging in mid air. To repair this? 1. I try tightening the bolts providing I can find them and there are bolts. ...

Replace or Repair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Its -15degC outside and my furnace will not light. Thankfully my gas fireplace seems to be keeping up. I have a Keeprite furnace with a Honeywell SV9501M main gas and pilot controller. I have checked the all the limits and the Solenoid is receiving 28V to ask for heat. The Solenoid also...

Trying to replace Weird Size Tub Spout Diverter [ 3 Answers ]

When I pull up my Diverter for my shower, It sprays a lot and cuts down on my shower's stream. So I decided to replace it yesterday. I determined that it is the screw on type and removed it. But when I took it off I noticed that there was a 1/2 inch copper pipe with a 1 1/4 inch thread attached...

Should I replace or repair my TV? [ 5 Answers ]

My TV has a white horizontel line across the screen, dividing the screen in half. Above the line the screen is totally black and below the line the picture is normal. It's a Samsung 25" TXE 25346.

View more questions Search