Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schultz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2004, 03:26 PM
    Slop sink not draining from washer discharge
    :hi,first Time User. My Problem Is As The Title Says My Grey Water Fills The Wash Tub To The Top Then Drains Very Slowly. There is No Vent After The Trap The Run Is Very Gradual And About 8-9 Feet Long , It Drains Into The 3" Cast Iron Pipe In The Basement That All Of The Other Drains Go Into. The Pipe Is Not Clogged By Debris At All. Is The Reason The Water Is So Slow The Venting ? The Slope Is Gradual About 5" From The Trap To The Spot It Reaches The Cast Pipe. Where Should The Vent Be To Alleviate This Or If That Is Not The Problem What's Next? Grey In Nj Ken S
    schultz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2004, 03:27 PM
    [QUOTE=schultz]:hi,first Time User. My Problem Is As The Title Says My Grey Water Fills The Wash Tub To The Top Then Drains Very Slowly. There is No Vent After The Trap The Run Is Very Gradual And About 8-9 Feet Long , It Drains Into The 3" Cast Iron Pipe In The Basement That All Of The Other Drains Go Into. The Pipe Is Not Clogged By Debris At All. Is The Reason The Water Is So Slow The Venting ? The Slope Is Gradual About 5" From The Trap To The Spot It Reaches The Cast Pipe. Where Should The Vent Be To Alleviate This Or If That Is Not The Problem What's Next? Grey In Nj Ken S
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2004, 08:04 AM
    Slop sink not draining from washer discharge
    Hi Ken, this reply is so late in coming because it should have been asked on the plumbing page. You have a partial clog downstream from the 3" pipe. That's the line to snake out.
    Your wash tub is not vented which may account for some of the slowness. For a 1 1/2" drain line the vent should be within 3 1/2' of the trap. A 2" drain line will give you 5' from the trap to the vent.
    You wrote," The Slope Is very Gradual About 5" From The Trap To The Spot It Reaches" 5" fall on a 9'run isn't "very gradual". The normal slope is 1/8 to 1/4" to the foot. A 9" drain should have between 1 1/8" to 2 14" slope. Good luck and if you have any more plumbing problems post them where I can see them. On the plumbing page. Regards, Tom
    mitz52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2006, 04:06 PM
    I have a question about skin fading creams for persons of Afro-American decent and the illness lupus. Is there any creams on the market?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer Draining question [ 1 Answers ]

When the washer drains the water comes up through the kitchen sink,looking for an easy fix Speedball

Trouble with washer draining. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the city. I noticed that when I wash clothes that the drain water comes up in the bathroom tub and also the toilets. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Can I use some draino or something in the washer drain? Thank you...

Washer Drain Not Draining [ 3 Answers ]

We just purchased a used W/D. It is Maytag Performa. When the spin cycle turns on you can hear the drain pipe fill up with water and then I spews water out of the pipe all over the ground... It does this every time no matter what temp. the water is or if there is soap or not. I have tried bending...

How to replace a slop sink [ 7 Answers ]

I have 1910 colonial house with a washing machine draining into a slop sink. The slop sink periodically gets things left in it by my kids and overflows. I know the easy answer but if you have kids, you know that this can be harder than the plumbing change. Can I replace the slop sink into a...

Slop Sink Drainage Leaking [ 7 Answers ]

The water release for my washing machine drains into my slop sink. This set-up is in the basement of my house which has a cement floor. Whenever we do a load of laundrey and the water drains into the slop sink I have noticed that a small amount of water is starting to come up through a crack in...

View more questions Search