Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktcook0204 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Weird noises coming from heat pipes in the wall
    I have absolutely no idea what type of heater/furnace I have in my house. Anyway, this is my second winter living in my new home. This winter has been especially cold. Recently, I was awakened in the middle of the night by the sounds of water flowing through pipes in the wall. I soon realized it was probably my heater turning on to heat the house. I had never heard this before, not even the prior winter. I continue to hear water running through pipes whenever the heat is about to turn on.

Again, I have no idea what kind of heater I have. What I do know is that electricity or gas heats water, which is then used to heat the house. Heat does not come out of air ducts, but from baseboard heaters. However, I have no idea what this water nonsense is! It's extremely loud and doesn't sound normal.

Can anyone help?

Katie
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Sounds like you have air in the water lines. Your house is heated by the hot water circulating through the coils in the baseboard heaters. You will want to get the air removed from the lines. Time to call a pro. Its hard to remove the air from the lines if you do not know what you are doing and dangerous. ( The water is hot and under pressure.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I thaw frozen pipes in a wall? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a frozen pipe in a wall. The pipe goes from the basement to the 2nd floor How do I thaw it without tearing the wall out?

Water noises travelling through pipes [ 1 Answers ]

How would I get rid of the running water noises travelling through the pipes on a forced hot water system? Can't find the bleeder for second story heating system. I don't believe it is the expansion tank.

Furnace on but no heat coming out of vents [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have a natural gas furnace that's about 7 years old, in a house I just bought this summer. Today I was noticing that it was pretty cold, so I turned up the furnace. It went on, but after a while I noticed that there was no air coming from the vents. I tried to turn it off and on again but...

Belching Noises coming from pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 10 year old house that has a septic system with a 1,500 gallon tank. Lately I have been hearing numerous “belching” noises coming from various parts of the pipes in the basement. Does this indicate clogging? Does this indicate a serious problem?

Weird Noises in Reverse [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to be given a 1986 Chevrolet Cavalier 5-speed and the people that currently own it says when it is put into reverse it makes a clunk noise, but once the clutch is let off and power is transmitted the noise goes away. They thought it was the half shaft boots, but Advance said if that was...

View more questions Search