Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rainly day Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 11:40 AM
    Bath tub draining problem
    Hi!
    I have a bath tub water draining problem and now it even worst, for it need 30 minutes to get all water away, Since than I try to use lots of liquid plumr on it. But it helps not long.
    I think it's pipe line must have lots dirt. So I purchase a snack and try to only the bolt under bath. But it was hard to turn (may be it get rust inside.
    Right now I'll need input for how can I loose it out?
    Ps. I had try to put snack direct from the tub but fail because of the angle.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 11:50 AM
    To help diagnose this... is there any problem with a sink or toilet in the same bathroom draining or flushing? Or any others in the same apartment or house? Is this bathtub on a ground level floor or basement?

What country are you located in?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
    You need to SNAKE your drain and sometimes the stopper will be in your way. You could try something called a ZIPIT for about $2.75 at most hardware stores. Cool Tools: Zip-It Drain Cleaner Its important to understand how to SNAKE your tub drain correctly. How To Unclog Bathtub Drain With Plumbing Snake - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New bath tub won't drain, air vent problem? [ 2 Answers ]

Our recently installed bathtub (plus shower) drains very slowly (you get about 3-4 inches of water during a fairly short shower). We've snaked it & poured zonk (way more powerful than draino) many times. It made little or no difference. The drain seems to drain just fine when there's only a bit of...

Bath tub not draining [ 10 Answers ]

My tub won't has not drained for months. I've used every product on the market and at this point I think it needs to be rodded. Who can I get an estimate from?

Tub & bath sink not draining, slab foundation and septic system [ 1 Answers ]

The tub and bathroom sink will not drain. I have plunged and have used chemicals. This house is on a slab foundation and septic tank. All of the other plumbing in house is fine, ie: kitchen,washer,etc.

Very slow draining bath tub [ 4 Answers ]

I had my bathroom remodeled a couple of months ago. The tub was moved and replaced. There were a lot of gurgling sounds coming from the tub when the laundry was running so I called the contractor. He came back out and did something with the cap, the top piece on the large white pipe in the...

Bath tub draining [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stupid question: How fast is a bath tub supposed to drain?

View more questions Search