Feb 3, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Shower stem
    How can I remove a hard to get out shower stem
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 4, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev1955
    how can I remove a hard to get out shower stem
    I'm guessing you have a two or three handle tub and shower valve, (see image). After repoving the handle unscrew the large nut and back the stem out counterclockwise. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower stem stuck [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I am trying to replace washer on the bottom of a stem because shower leaks. It's not hot or cold, but on/off handle in the middle. Anyway, I bought the tool to get the packing nut off, but now I can't budge the stem. Is there a trick to it? Maybe I don't have enough strength in my hands. ...

Shower diverter stem removal [ 8 Answers ]

I have an unknown brand shower diverter. It's a knob that sits between the hot and cold knob. All three have a knurled end and the stem appears to be made of brass. The stem on the diverter has been "loose" for some type and squeaks when you turn it. Recently, more water now comes from the spigot...

Shower diverter stem removal [ 1 Answers ]

After I get the knob and bonnet off how do I get the stem off? I've already stripped the darn thing and am frustrated.

No water after shower stem repair [ 2 Answers ]

My shower faucet and handles had some minor dripping problems, so I decided to repair the hot and cold stems (2 handle shower stall). I got a repair kit and replaced the washers and changed the seats, but when I put the stems back and turned the water back on, there is no flow to the shower head!...

Shower Diverter pipe stem [ 3 Answers ]

My copper pipe that the Diverter attaches to has deep grooves in it from where the previous installer must have turned the spout while it was tightened on thus causing a deep circular grrove with in the copper pipe itself. My problem is this... when I replaced the diverter spout the new one leaks...

View more questions Search