Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barknk Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Does anyone no why I would have low water pressure, hot and cold, after draining my s
    Does anyone no why I would have low water pressure, hot and cold, after draining my system and installing a new water heater. The pressure switch says I have between 30 & 50 psi, but there is no way. I do have a pump that pumps in a product to bring the acidic ph down.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 29, 2011, 02:57 PM

Is it in all bathrooms or in one plumbing fixture only ?
    jv_apo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 03:30 PM
    Have you allowed the air to get out of the system by running water for awhile? Check your pump's associated air bladder pressure with a tire gauge to see if it is normal.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 29, 2011, 06:37 PM

The pressure switch does not tell you how much pressure you have. You need a gauge for that. Granted, the switch is set, in your case, to 30/50, but it might not be functioning correctly. Do you have a gauge?

May 30, 2011, 04:48 AM
    Comment on Milo Dolezal's post
    Yes it is throughout the entire house. Happened after draining the system and installing a new Water Heater.

May 30, 2011, 04:49 AM
    Yes it is throughout the entire house. Happened after draining the system and installing a new Water Heater
    rjh2o Posts: 58, Reputation: 13

May 30, 2011, 05:22 PM
    The main water valve where you shut water off is probably not opened all the way. If it is a gate valve, the gate may have come unscrewed. Check the water volume and pressure coming from boiler drain on the well tank to see how that is. Also check outside spigots if they are on a separate line.
    RJ

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Low hot/cold water pressure with well? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a small house with a well. In recent weeks the water pressure to the house has dropped substantially. This is true for both the hot and cold water, and occurs at all taps faucets etc. At this point if you turn on a fuacet in one part of the house water flow to other facilities, shower,...

Low hot water pressure.kitchen & bath. Cold pr. Is fine. [ 5 Answers ]

I have low hot water pressure in my kitchen sink and bathroom sink. My cold water pressure is fine. I have taken the nipple off the hot water line, out of the hot water heater. No clog in that line.

Low cold water pressure but normal hot water [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house that was built in 1907. It has low water pressure on the cold side but normal pressure on the hot water side. I traced out the pipes and they are all copper and 3/4 inch for the branch feeders and 1/2 inch pipes going to the fixtures. The line coming into the house is 1...

Low water pressure in bathtub/shower hot or cold [ 7 Answers ]

My shower/bathtub has no water pressure. It does not matter if you turn the cold or the hot water on. The rest of the house is not having any problems with water pressure just this particular bathtub/shower. I tried removing the water spout to see if anything was stopping it up, but it won't...

View more questions Search