Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrissyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Toilet flush
    Every time I flush my toiet cistern, it makes a load groaning noise sounds like there is an airlock. This can be stopped by turning the cold tap on full in the kitchen. How do I stop this problem?? I live in a flat if this makes a difference. Many thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Open up the lid and check the water level. It should be 1/2" under the white overflow tube. If not set it. Now run your finger around the flat part of the flapper. If it's wavy replace it. If those all check out OK then shut the water off and take the top off the ballcock and turn the water on to flush out the supply. Reverse the washer before reinstalling. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush [ 17 Answers ]

I flushed the toilet, the water goes down from the tank, but it swirls around and around in the toilet bowl but does not flush. What is the problem. Help.

Toilet that doesn't always flush correctly [ 1 Answers ]

My master toilet is having some issues... more times than not it will slowly drain instead of flushing... when the water gets low enough it makes a girgling sound and then doesn't really refill. Just enough water to fill the reservoir at the bottom of the bowl. If I plunge the toilet while it is...

Toilet will not completely flush [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced all the insides of my toilet, now when I flush I have to hold the handle down until all the water runs out of the bowl. If not almost as soon as I let the handle go the flapper will cover up the hole that drains the water into the bowl. I know this is easily fixable, but I don't...

Brand new toilet won't flush... [ 4 Answers ]

I hope someone can tell me what else to try. I am redoing a bathroom in a 50 year cabin. The old toilet flushed strong, but there was a "gurgling" in the other drains. When I removed the old toilet I replaced the flange. The old flange had 3" pvc inserted into the 4" cast drain with some...

Toilet Flush Problems [ 1 Answers ]

This just happened last night. Someone in my household used the upstairs toilet, and it clogged badly. When I got home last night I used the plunger for about an hour to try to clear the clog. I got it to the point where the water in the bowl drained, but very, very, slowly. This morning, the...

View more questions Search