Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtnbkr Posts: 83, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2007, 12:27 PM
    What took to cut CPVC?
    Just hacksaw it or what? What's the best way to cut this?

*the title is wrong, I mean "What TOOL to cut CPVC." Most can figure it out, but just thought I'd clarify.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
    I have always used a hacksaw. They may make a tool for it, but I never bothered with one. Clean up the ends and clear out the sawdust. Whatever you use, remember it is full of tiny, tool dulling rocks. You can pitch the hacksaw blade.
    mtnbkr Posts: 83, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Is it OK to use a utility knife to "debur" the pipe?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
    I usually use my pocket knife, but it should work.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 19, 2007, 04:02 PM
    We use a PVC pipe cutter,(see image) on the small stuff and a Skill-Saw or a hacksaw on the bigger stuff. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pvc vs cpvc [ 14 Answers ]

I am looking to replace old metal underground fittings and valves supplying water to my house. The main supply line to the house after the water meter is 1" metal, which branches off with four 1" x 1" x 3/4" T's. I attempted to find a manifold to replace all of the fittings but no luck, so I...

CPVC vs copper [ 17 Answers ]

To me, CPVC sure seems easier. Just a simple glue process. Copper however, needs to be soldered. If I'm running water for a bathroom, why SHOULDN'T I use CPVC? Am I not allowed to put it enclosed in a wall? I have no experience with copper pipes, but having experience soldering electrical...

CPVC Couplings [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking for a cpvc coupling that does not have a stop. Perhaps my local Lowe's just does not stock it, but it seems like a pretty normal item? They do stock one with a stop, but not without. Well, I am a pretty novice plumber but have done a few DIY repairs around the house. Perhaps I...

CPVC manifold? [ 3 Answers ]

I've read that PEX manifolds can be used to reduce energy costs by reducing the amount of water that must be flushed from the lines each time hot water is requested. I prefer working with cpvc rather then PEX and I'm wondering if the same efficiency could be achieved by creating a cpvc manifold...

Cpvc [ 3 Answers ]

ortmanprop Newbie Join Date: Sep 2005 Posts: 0 Using CPVC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HI,

View more questions Search