Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DDC1829 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 08:58 PM
    Toilet Tank will not fill with water...
    I flush the toilet and have to hold the handle down until all the water flushes and then after I let the flap down, the tank will not fill up unless I twist the tower a little bit and water gushes out of the top of it... anyone know how to fix it?
    PurePlumbing Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jan 4, 2011, 02:00 AM
    I would go to homedepot and buy a new Fill Valve usually around $10 and install it off the instructions in the box.
    http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 08:01 AM

If water is gushing out the top of the fill valve I agree to not mess with it and just replace. We frequently recommend a Fluidmaster 400a. Google

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Major Water Leak repaired today - now toilet tank won't fill. [ 18 Answers ]

Heck. We had someone come out to do a leak detection, and he found it - 4 feet from the meter. The water was shut off all day while he made the repair (he had to remove tons of rock to get to the bad piping). Great! Leak fixed! He's gone, now my toilet tank won't fill. Could it be air in the...

Toilet tank will not fill with water [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, When flushing the toilet, the bowl is full with water but the tanks is empty. When releasing the lever to flush the toilet neither the water in the bowl is released or does the tank fill with water, can you please advise what is causing this and how I can fix this trouble bymyself. ...

Water won't fill up in toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

The water wasn't filling up all the way in the bowl. Only 1/2 way. So I went to Lowe's & replaced float & refill valve/line. It was too short in the beginning & water was just filling up 1/2 again in bowl. I've read the instruc. Again & it said that I need to make it taller so I've done this &...

Toilet water draining from fill tank? [ 3 Answers ]

To all, need help with finding answer to my problem; The fill tank for my toilet is draining water very slowly and is causing water to re-fill periodically in tank when it drops below the fill line and below the ballon in tank. I have an American Standard model toilet. Thanks in advance for any...

Toilet Tank will not fill with water [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet tank does not fill back up with water after I flush it. I turned off the valve, disconnected the hose, and turned the valve back on to see if there might be a clog, but there was none. Also, there is a trickling dripping noise coming from inside the tank, but there is now water leaking...

View more questions Search