Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 01:59 PM
    New delta shower/tub faucet only lukewarm water no hot! Help
    Putting in a new shower faucet, it's a dial 2 in one type.. We had hot water before, but now with the new faucet we only have lukewarm.. is there anything I can do to fix this?
    chefpierce Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Did you try to turn up your hotwater heater? Turn it a half notch every 24hrs. Until desired temp is reached... that might work!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2010, 03:44 PM

Wendy, does the new faucet have scald proof valve? May be adjustable. Good luck
    chefpierce Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Parttime... good observation! I just recently put in a delta on my shower with the adjustable memory temp setting.. I wonder if it wasn't installed correctly.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 06:23 PM

YUP! Most likely the temperature limiting device needs to be adjusted. Consult the installation instructions or contact the manufacturer for more info... ;)

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The hot water stop coming out the shower head and the tub we have a delta. [ 5 Answers ]

The hot water all of the sudden stop coming out the shower head and the tub... we have a delta.. but it comes out ok from the bathe room sink... everywere else in the house it works find... what should i do...

New faucet hot water is lukewarm [ 3 Answers ]

New faucet in upstairs bathroom. Two handle, the hot only provides lukewarm water. I have no problems with the shower in the same bathroom.

Lack of Hot Water to tub faucet or shower fixture [ 1 Answers ]

We have a problem with two of our upstairs bathroom tub/showers. When you turn the dial to the warm/hot position the water flow goes to a trickle. Cold water is at the regular flow rate. These two bathroom tub/showers are hardly used. Cannot say the last time hot water actually ran through...

Lukewarm water in shower and tub, hot in sinks [ 4 Answers ]

OK... this is a weird issue. I have a dedicated recirc line with a pump and a timer that I only run an hour a day or so in the morning, due to energy costs of heating the water. The problem I am having is that when I am not recirculating the water, the master shower and master tub only get...

View more questions Search