Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarkP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Custom Dimensioned Shower Base Options
    I'm designing a custom dimensioned shower to maximize space in an oddly shaped room. The shower will be constructed between 3 permanent walls and will use a "partial" neo-angle frameless glass wall and door. What is my best option in terms of appearance and durability? Poured concrete? Or terrazzo? A custom machined solid surface like Corian? Something else? Thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP
    I'm designing a custom dimensioned shower to maximize space in an oddly shaped room. The shower will be constructed between 3 permanent walls and will use a "partial" neo-angle frameless glass wall and door. What is my best option in terms of appearance and durability? Poured concrete? or terrazzo? A custom machined solid surface like Corian? something else? Thanks in advance.
    A regular cuystom installation comes to mind. Custom shower pan and flange type shower drain. Mortar mix and tile base and enclosure. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custom Autorun Options [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a portable version of the Firefox browser on my USB memory key. When I insert the key into a USB port, the autorun dialog pops up (see attached image). How can I add "Launch Portable Firefox" to this list? Moishe

Replacing Fiberglass Shower/Tub with Custom Built [ 6 Answers ]

I want to rip out my fiberglass shower/tub assembly (1970 vintage) and install a new tub with tiled shower walls above, glass doors, and all new fixtures. Is there a good plan available somewhere as to how to do this? I'm particularly curious as to what base is required to attach the tiles. Any...

Custom shower stall construction [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Could you give me specific steps to build custom shower base - what is the best membrane to install in the shower base, how to do it as well how to attach it to shower drain Thanks Bogdan

Custom Tile Shower? [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning on putting a custom shower in my basement and was not sure on how to handle the floor. The plumbing is roughed in but inside the shower is just a flat concrete floor ( the floor was cut to add the drain.) I feel I need to add some slop to the drain. I heard of a dry mortor bed but...

View more questions Search