Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linda51953 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 12:30 PM
    Removing the lock nut from under the toilet tank, turn right or left?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 5, 2010, 12:49 PM

Linda,

Here's a little ditty for you,

"Righty tighty / Lefty Lucy"
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 5, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Another is closed= clockwise while open = counterclockwise.
    You are removing the flush valve.(see image) What's the reason? To do this a spud wrench, (see image) will come on handy. Pick one up at a Plumbing Supply House. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2010, 09:40 AM

Hi Linda,

On top of Tom's instructions I would add the link below open it and watch the clip will show you how to replace a flush valve, good luck.

John

YouTube - Flush Valve Replacement Part 2 of 2
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2010, 09:48 AM

On top of Tom's instruction I would add the link below open it and watch the clip will show how to remove the tank and the flush valve, good luck.

John

YouTube - Flush Valve Replacement Part 2 of 2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Compression Nut of Shower Drain [ 14 Answers ]

It seems I'm having a problem with my shower drain, it's probably leaking. When I carefully pour some water around the drain, a minute later the water has disappeared through the wrong side of the drain and a water spot starts to develop on the ceiling below the shower . I tried removing the...

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

My Lawn Mower Cab Cadet wheel will not turn to the left but will turn to the right [ 0 Answers ]

When I was Mowing my yard yesterday the wheel was kind of hard. After mowing for over 30 min. I was trying to turn around a tree to the left and I heard a click. After that I can turn the wheel to the left, but the mower will not. Please Help, Martha

Can't turn on laptop, all caps lock,Num lock, scr. Lock lights are on [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me, please I don't know what did my kids do my sony laptop, now I can't turn it on. When I turn on the laptop, only power, battery and hard drive lights are on but the screen is not on at all. All caps lock, Num lock and Screen lock lights are on all the time, the laptop doesn't...

Star lock washer bolt and nut scenario [ 3 Answers ]

On the lock washer, does the protruding part go facing The nut, so it does not spin off. Or does it go facing the bolt

View more questions Search