Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brsk201 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Symmons temptrol diverter repair?
    Is is possible to adjust the new diverter once it has been installed? The shower will only come on when the diverter is moved to the middle.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 04:19 PM

Hi Brsk201...

No... no adjustment to these after they are installed. Tell me, did you replace all the parts of the diverter including the diverter knob (T30 below) itself? If not, I'm betting that if you replace all parts and get a new diverter knob and you'll be just fine.

Did you replace any other parts?

Let me know more...

Mark
    Attached Images

Oct 11, 2010, 04:42 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    I only replaced the existing diverter with p/n TA25B and used the original diverter handle.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 06:50 PM

Pull the T30 handle out of the TA25B abit and then rotate the T30 and see if it engages the TA25B... does the TA25B rotate from left to right or just sit still? Let me know...

Oct 13, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    I'll try that. Anything imparticular I am looking for? Thanks for the help.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 09:26 AM

You are looking to see that the handle (T30) rotates the diverter assembly (TA25b) from left to right. If you don't get full rotation (side to side) then replace the T30 as it must be stripped If you get full rotation post back and let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symmons temptrol repair [ 0 Answers ]

I had a pretty good leak and after replacing two of the washers from the repair kit, and putting the shower symmons valve back together the water will not shut off when I turn the control handle/valve all the way to the off position? Is there another internal part that is not working correctlu or...

Symmons Temptrol: Repair or Replace [ 3 Answers ]

Tried to install a new trim kit on a 20 year old Symmons Temptrol shower/tub valve, but broke the end off the spindle (TA-10). Currently debating on the overall benefits of - repairing the old Temptrol (new spindle, maybe need new washers and/or seals) - replace with new unit (which...

Symmons temptrol [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Symmons Temptrol with a problem. I recently installed an on demand hot water heater and when I was done, I can't get a hot bath. Really hot shower, but not a hot bath. I am trying to get the T-31 knob off and I can't get it off the spline on the TA-10. Been there 30 years. Any...

Symmons - Temptrol Diverter [ 22 Answers ]

I have the above diverter in my bathroom. Recently it started to leak from the diverter handle that changes the use from tub to shower. I purchased the Symmons TA-25A Iverter Spindle to replace old. My problem is that I do not know how to remove the old spindle. Can anyone help me with my problem?

SYMMONS Temptrol leaking from diverter [ 1 Answers ]

Symmons sent the replacement seats and tools to repair a leak from the diverter hole that happens only when water is turned on. I replaced the seats, tightening by hand stopping short of cranking them. (I didn't use a torque wrench). Three times I removed them and adjusted them, but the...

View more questions Search