Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttliao Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Corrosion concern between brass ball valve and galvanized steel pipe
    Is it going to cause the corrosion when connecting a galvanized steel nipple to a brass ball valve?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 1, 2007, 12:08 PM
    No, It's done all the time with brass shut off valves connected to galvanized pipe. Cheers, Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Tom is right. In the factory I once managed, there were some iron body valves, but I am sure more of a cost factor than corrosion. What would a flanged 8'' brass gate valve cost? I think some of say 1'' steam valves had iron bodies too.

And yes, use ball valves anywhere you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic pipe brass fittings? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!

Low Pressure with galvanized pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I am having low pressure/volume when I turn on the hot water, especially in the shower, the kitchen sink, and the dishwasher. I do have some galvanized pipe, but this problem came on suddenly this winter. Could the hot water heater have anything to do with this? It is 14 years old. Is there any...

Soldering copper pipe to shower valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a shower valve body (brass) and am trying to solder copper pipe to it. For the life of me I can't seem to get the pipe and fitting hot enough to melt the solder. I noticed soldering copper pipe to the drop elbow took more flame heat than normal. Is there some trick when soldering copper...

Brass drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I am completing a bar unit which is using an existing drain waste system. I have seen a thin walled brass drain pipe at my local plumbing store and would like to use this but when I have tested it I cannot get a good seal and continually get small leaks. The pipe has a threaded collar at one end...

View more questions Search