Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmeidam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Drum Trap Leaking
    I have a drum trap below the bathtub that's leaking. I have complete access to it in the basement. It looks like the bottom of the trap, where you would crank on it with a wrench, is corroded and that's where the water is leaking from. Does any place sell replacement parts for these or am I stuck having to replace the entire thing with PVC? I checked Home Depot and Lowe's and neither of those places sell what I need. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Click on, http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u223867 to see where to purchase drum trap covers. Regards Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drum trap question [ 3 Answers ]

My upstairs shower drain has been running more and more slowly over the past few months. We tried chemicals and snaking it, to no avail. I finally called a plumber last week. He opened the crawlspace and pointed out the drum trap, and said that it was likely a clog in the drum trap. He said...

Drum trap problem [ 2 Answers ]

My bathtub drain is running very, very slowly. Several years ago I had this same problem and hired a plumber. He cleaned out the drum trap and replaced the cover and charged me lots of money. I'm sure I could do this my little old self if I could only get the cover off! Any sugguestions? The...

Old lead Drum Trap - can I cut it out? [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a pretty old house, and we have just begun having problems with our bathtub draining. I've tried 4 or 5 different kinds of drain cleaners - including acid based ones, to no avail. Roto Rooter was out to fix my toilet a couple of days ago, and recommended that I remove the drum trap and...

Bathtub leaking, trap is the problem [ 1 Answers ]

We have a bathtub which leaks into the dining room ceiling every time it drains. A plumber told us to tighten the trap cover, which sort of works. However, the screw doesn't tighten well enough to stay put and gets loose. I can't remove the cover either as the screw just turns with no bite. ...

Drum Trap Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, For the second time in a year, our bathtub drainage has become very slow. After the first incident, the plumbers snaked the line, which helped. Now, about a year later, the same problem persists, and a new plumber has told us we have a drum trap that needs to be replaced with a P trap. ...

View more questions Search