Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BillyRay Stephens Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Dec 20, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Dwv plumbing layout
    I am building a custom home and I'm wanting to know how many fixtures can share the same vent?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 20, 2006, 11:42 AM
    This depends upon the size of the vent pipe and how many fixture units you're installing on it. For instance, On a 3" vent, 30 fixture units with not over 6 water closets may be installed. A typical bathroom group consisting of a toilet, lavatory and tub/shower is 6 fixture units.
    Let me know the size of the vent and the fixtures that will be using it and I'll let you know it will work by code. Regards, Tom
    BillyRay Stephens Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Dec 20, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Thanks Tom, I am building a custom home with shower.roman tub, toilet & two lav's in the master bath. I just wanted to make sure that a 2" vent stack would be suffice.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 23, 2006, 07:49 AM
    Hi Billy,
    "I am building a custom home with shower.roman tub, toilet & two lav's in the master bath."

You may connect up to 10 fixture units on a 2" stack vent.
    shower=2 units
    tub=2 Units
    Toilet5=4 Units
    Lavs= 1 unit @ for 2 Units
    It all adds up to 10 fixture units. You're OK ta g!
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing layout - a tight squeeze? [ 13 Answers ]

Upon remodelling an old bathroom (second story, no fixtures above), I found nearly all the pipes to the fixtures nearly rotted through (brass drains?), with no significant venting. I have a left hand tub (5') and hope to position it against the north wall (70"), with a 10" rough in toilet and sink...

Basement Circuit Layout [ 9 Answers ]

I'd like to run my circuit layout by everyone for feedback. I am finishing my basement, including a bedroom, bathroom, and a large open room which includes a wetbar, home theater, and kids/craft area. The total finished area is about 775 sq. ft. We have 200 amp service and 3 open breaker slots,...

DWV layout help! [ 7 Answers ]

I am doing the rough-in on a bathroom remodel (trying to save some money). It is actually 2 small bathrooms back to back that share a 2x6 common wall - sink, toilet, shower with the mirror image on the other side. Each fixture will share common venting/drainage with its mirror fixture (sink-sink,...

View more questions Search