Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvb141 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Toilet Flange
    On a 3 x 4 closet bend, after installing the 6" length piece through the floor. Later, cut the piece through the floor off, even with the floor. Then my question is, the proper way to install the toilet flange. Do you glue the toilet flange into place and screw it to the floor? By the way it is in concrete. Can you glue the toilet flange into place even with the floor level, before the concrete is poured or is it best to install later??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 18, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Before we leave a toilet stub-up and before the floor's poured we put a styrofoam closet wrapper around the pipe so there's room to prime and glue a regular closet flange AFTER the floor's been poured. They can be found at any plumbing shop.
    If you poured without the wrapper then you'll have to use a inside flange.
    As a rule the flange doesn't need to be screwed to the cement. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flange [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling my bathroom. I've removed the old toilet and dug up the old flooring and subflooring. Together they were about 7/8" in thickness. Since I will now have a lower floor, what do I do to put in a new toilet flange? The old one was brass and only 1/4" thick and simply had the drain...

Toilet flange [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I realized as I was installing the subfloor in my new bathroom that I had cut off the pvc to short. It is slightly lower that the subfloor. Is there a longer flange which will solve this problem or should I remove the floor add a coupling and more pvc to raise the height? Thanks, m2

I am installing tile in bathroom so the toilet flange is now about approx. 1/2" below the tile. Do I have to remove the toilet flange or are there extensions?

Toilet flange HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I need some good professional advise. My toilet was leaking and I removed it to find that the toilet flange was broken on one side. The flange and lower pipe appear to be cast iron 4 inch. I must replace some of the damaged flooring but am at a loss as to how to remove the cast iron flange from...

I have a broken flange. It has been glued into the drain pipe. The toilet, sink and tub all flow into the same drain pipe. There is no way of getting under the floor other than remove it. Which we will do since the toilet leaked. But the pipes have a special configuration. Is there some way of...

View more questions Search