Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trcekids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 07:19 PM
    Plumbing dripping sounds
    I've read other people's questions about dripping in their homes. I suppose my problem is similar... I live on the bottom floor of a 2-story, 16 unit condo. Twice, I've had leaking from the ceiling down into my bedroom wall. Each time, the water came down like a big bubble within the paint and we had to open up the wall to identify the leak. The problem was a loose washer around the toilet in the unit above me. 2 yrs later I now hear constant dripping sounds along the same wall from 6:15a-7:45a every day but have seen no damage anywhere. One day I called my neighbor upstairs and she was out of town at the time, so it wasn't from the shower or toilet usage. The sound is ANNOYING and wakes me up every morning. The damage before took no time at all to start leaking down the wall but this has been going on for about 10 months w/no leaking. What should I do?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 23, 2010, 07:25 AM

Does your building have a maintenance department or does the Condo Association farm out the repair work. This will have to be tracked down by following the noise back to the source.
    6:15 tom 7:45 suggests the sound comes from a bathroom being used.
    If it can be heard and you have access to other units then it can be located. Ask the Condo Board for help in locating and repairing this problem. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rushing Water Sounds in Plumbing [ 9 Answers ]

I have been experiencing intermittent rushing water sounds in one specific location in my plumbing. I used to get this, which sounds exactly like my sprinkler system turning on (even when it is not), only occasionally. Last night, it started making the noise every 5-10 minutes. The rushing sound...

Plumbing/water line sounds [ 2 Answers ]

Plumbing/waterlines/noise I hear a sound that I think is coming from the waterlines.What is causing this and how do I correct it.

This lyrics sounds abit like R&B hope it sounds good: what of this too [ 1 Answers ]

I, is not easy, but you still got to push on Ready, all right Chorus when they say this they say that Do what you do3x when they say this they say that Do what you do

Correctional grade plumbing how different from commercial plumbing or residential [ 3 Answers ]

Just need a little information about the difference to answer a questioner .

Sounds from PC while it is off? [ 7 Answers ]

Every once in awhile I have this happen, and it was just recently happening again this morning. The exact details are that I built this PC myself about a year ago and today is probably the 3rd time I had heard these noises. Basically they sound like a HDD being accessed while the PC is off. I tried...

View more questions Search