Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nunzio42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 10:58 AM
    Condo Leak in Bathroom
    I have a leak in my master bathroom that is coming from the drain in my upstairs neighbors master bathroom.

The leak eventually forced the ceiling to collapse and now I am left with a nice 15x15 squarish hole above my shower-head. Directly above the hole is the drain pipe for the upstairs neighbor.

The condo association is stating that they are not responsible for the piping of the units, and neither is the HOA. The owner upstairs is foreclosing on the unit, although she has kept up with her HOA payments. The condo association told me that they will attempt to assist us in collections of the money to fix the pipe and the ceiling.

Do I have any additional options to force the owner into paying for the damages? Small claims court, etc?

Any advice on how to approach and handle the situation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 11:43 AM

I'd be standing in Small Claims Court with my estimates for the repairs and a letter from a professional stating what caused the problem as we speak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A leak from condo above causes ceiling damage Hawaii [ 1 Answers ]

I was told by one of the owners of the unit below me that there was a water leak and was show some photos. I asked to see it and got some answer about it being closed up. We made an arrangement to use their "hand dolly". We pulled the up/down unit out enough to check, running a small spin. It...

Condo ceiling leak [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I own a condo and left my family live there and I went abroad. For a long time actually since we moved (6 years) we have bath room ceiling leak problem which was never solved by our management. 3 months ago when I was away from home the management came to our apartments and torn one of our...

Condo leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, about a year ago my bathroom had to be torn down because of a leak from above. I am about to finish remodelling but I can see a leak coming through between the drywall I have in the ceiling. Before I finish patching it up and painting I want to have this fixed. I went upstairs and it...

Neighbor leak damaged my condo unit [ 3 Answers ]

I own a condo and I am doing a bathroom remodel. My contractor found that my neighbor had a overflow drain pipe leak. It's now fixed. The leak damaged the drywall in my bathroom ceiling and 2 walls. I heard that legally she is responsible to replace my drywalls and re-paint as well as being...

View more questions Search