Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lubisb Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Noisy tub/shower faucet... HELP!!
    I hope someone can help us with our plumbing problem.

We have a moen single handle tub/shower faucet. We notice that every time we turn on the tub faucet it creates a loud water gushing noise that can be heard through out the house. But whenever we switched it to shower it was fine.

I've replaced the shower valve cartridge but it did not fix problem. What causes this noise and how can it be fixed? Thanks in advance for the help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 10, 2006, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lubisb
    I hope someone can help us with our plumbing problem.

We have a moen single handle tub/shower faucet. We notice that every time we turn on the tub faucet it creates a loud water gushing noise that can be heard through out the house. But whenever we switched it to shower it was fine.

I've replaced the shower valve cartridge but it did not fix problem. What causes this noise and how can it be fixed? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Is your diverter on the tub spout or in the shower valve? Regards, Tom

Dec 10, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Is your diverter on the tub spout or in the shower valve? Regards, Tom
    Thanks for the reply Speedball1/

The diverter is on the tub spout.

Regards
    Noisy tub/shower faucet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tom...

Sorry for sending you a private message. Thanks for replying to my question. The diverter is on the tub spout. Can you think of anything that might cause the problem?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbin...elp-47678.html

Thanks again for the help.

Regards
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 10, 2006, 02:25 PM
    When you take a shower do you leave the diverter alone and just shut the water off to the shower? This "loud gushing noise", is it just when you turn on the tub or is it a steady noise? Back to you. Tom

Dec 10, 2006, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    When you take a shower do you leave the the diverter alone and just shut the water off to the shower? This "loud gushing noise", is it just when you turn on the tub or is it a steady noise? Back to you. Tom
    Thanks for the reply Tom.

The diverter is located on the top of the tub spout. The "loud gushing noise" only occurs when the water is coming out of the tub spout. And it is steady. Once the diverter is pulled to activate the shower the noise decrease significantly.

To activate the shower we just pull the diverter normally.

I hope you have a better idea now.

Regards
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 11, 2006, 10:21 AM
    It has to be something in the diverter spout that's in the way of the water coming out of the spout. If this bothers you why not just replace the spout? They're cheap and easy to replace. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My guest tub dose not get hot water. I have hot water at the sink. And the cold water at the tub has low pressure. Everything was working OK the other day. Checked the valve at the washing machine,which is right next to the guest bath. That seems to be OK. What could the problem be?

Noisy kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Our kitchen faucet has separate hot/cold knobs, with the faucet extending from wall, no sprayer. Recently, there is a loud knocking/rattling that comes and goes when using HOT water. The water pressure seems to surge/reduce in time with the sounds. Noise is limited to faucet itself- other...

Tub Faucet runs at same time as Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a similar problem as this thread "Faucet and shower run simultaneously" https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/faucet-shower-run-simultaneously-33198.html Except that I have a shower with 3 knobs. You turn the middle knob to turn the shower head on. This shower is at least ten...

Replacing a shower/tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

How difficult is it to replace a 1-handled shower/tub faucet with a 3-handled faucet? Do I have to make new holes in the tile? What about doing the same with a sink?

Noisy Shower [ 1 Answers ]

While taking a shower the pipes began to vibrate and bang and then the water stopped coming out. It was really loud. When I switched the water back to the tub it was fine. I have a two knob shower with diverter knob in the middle. What is this noise and how can it be fixed? Thank you for your...

View more questions Search