Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crmiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Not cycling properly
    My fan and gas shuts off after only a few minutes in the heating cycle and restarts again shortly, only to shut off again... and so on. I think it's the fan limit switch but don't know if I should replace it or try adjusting the limit. Any advice??
    chris051873 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crmiller
    My fan and gas shuts off after only a few minutes in the heating cycle and restarts again shortly, only to shut off again....and so on. I think it's the fan limit switch but don't know if I should replace it or try adjusting the limit. Any advice???
    Hello,,
    This was happening to me on my carrier furnace, and also it would not even start the blower, my problem was a bad motherboard after the heating contractor replaced some sensors and switches, hope this helps
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2006, 05:21 PM
    Dirty flame sensor, overheating? Could be something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well motor -Short Cycling [ 13 Answers ]

Old houses... great aren't they? I have a new dilema. Seems as though the well motor is beginning to short cycle during a shower or if the washer is running. I would suspect the pressure switch, however I do not know which side is the low side and which is the high side, nor do I know where to...

Furnace cycling while heating [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar hvac (heatpump) with a gaspack. It is about 9 years old. I turned the heat on for 1st time this year to discover the problem. I took the cover off to see this happening: I turn the thermostat up and the pilot is one. After a minute of so, the gas turns on and the furnace lights....

Fan Keeps Cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central A/C and a Propane FAG furnace in my basement. The problem is that after the A/C or furnace has shut off, the fans continue to cycle off and on just as if the A/C or furnace was still running.:mad: Sometimes the fans (there is 2 of them, I believe) run continuously and...

Oil burner Blower cycling on and off [ 2 Answers ]

Just finished with a new second floor addition. Upgraded to two zone heating from single zone. When heat comes on after expected delay for temp to rise the blower comes on for fifteen seconds then kicks off and comes on again in about two or three minutes, and kicks off again in fifteen seconds, on...

View more questions Search