Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doodledave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Septic system
    Help,I have septic tank water coming in my sump pump hole in basement ,dug away and found a clay pipe way under floor ,the outlet pipe to drainfield is new this week and 2 old pipes have been plugged out to drainfield ,this other clay pipe bringing effluent into basement goes out the other side of the house, it was possibly a grey water pipe ,where does it go ,obviously tied into system somehow(drywell)i had a locate done and it heads off towards drainfield but stopped around 15 feet from house,drainfield is 60 feet from house,the weird part is I flushed dye into system a while back,emptied tank to replace output line 2 days ago,and just today with heavy rains water came into sump hole glowing green with uv light but doesn't stink,again tank is only half full(2 days after pump out),how is this possible??
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2010, 10:39 PM

It is filling up with ground water. If fields are not blocked or broken water will dissipate as water table goes down.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic system [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, you guys have been very helpful in the past, so I'm hoping you have some good suggestions for us. My question has a few parts. We live in eastern Washington State, so our winters are cold and dry. Temps can be below freezing for much of Nov, Dec, Jan, and even Feb. We built a house 3 1/2...

Septic system [ 7 Answers ]

I purchased a house Sept, 07 and lately, I am having trouble with my septic system. The house is three levels with a toilet on each level. Lately I have noticed that the water in the lower level toilet is bubbling when the washer on the second level is pumping water. If a toilet is flushed at the...

Septic System [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Our house, located in central New York State, has a 1,000 gallon septic tank. The tank was cleaned last fall. There are only two people living in the house and we have had few visitors. Today, I noticed that the area where the tank discharges to the leach field is soggy and the grass is...

Septic system [ 5 Answers ]

How do you tell if a septic system is dead. And if so How do you correct the problem?

Septic system [ 1 Answers ]

My system is 2 1/2 years old. The year of install we had major amounts of rain. This past year was a dry one all summer. My soil was graded moderate and I have 750 feet of leach. According to the sanitation dept. we have low usage for water. We also stopped washing on the same day. Ever since the...

View more questions Search