Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linda Parker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 05:28 PM
    Gurgling toilet
    Hello,
    We have a lift pump in the basement. Whenever the washer empties, our upstairs toilet
    Gurgles up a lot. We've had the septic taken care of and pipes in the basement replaced and it still does this. The vent pipes were supposedly taken care of too. We are stumped.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Linda
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 2, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Hi Linda, Please excxuse the delay.

This is a venting problem that can be cured by venting the lift pump.; Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Tank Gurgling [ 4 Answers ]

My pressure switch is turning on/off every 10 seconds. When it turns off, I hear a gurgling sound in my water tank. We are also without water pressure in the house. I believe my pressure gauge is bad, so no help there. But I was wondering if you guys think it might be the check or foot valve? ...

Gurgling and draining issues [ 1 Answers ]

Over the last few weeks, we've noticed that when we flush the toilet, it gurgles in our kitchen sink (the bathroom is on the second level and the kitchen is on the first level). When you drain the bathtub it gurgles as well, but not as much. Yesterday I put a load of laundry on to wash and when...

Gurgling Noise from old pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old pipe in the basement that was used as a drain off from a washing machine. When I flush the toilet upstairs I can hear the water gurgling in this old pipe. Why is that and how can I stop it? Thanks, Mike :confused:

Gurgling Perhaps? [ 3 Answers ]

New to this, but from what I have read, this is the right place to be. New Home, so I would assume that there is no clogging. When we flush a toilet in one bathroom (upstairs), gurgling occurrs. We can hear it from the shower drains (both of the upstairs' showers). Air pockets are emitted...

Gurgling Noise In Pipes [ 7 Answers ]

I have heard a noise for the past month in my water lines, in the wall where the main water shut-off is located. However, it is not constant. It is a humming/gurgling noise in my lines. Im thinking that it originates from my main water shutoff point, because when you put your hand on the valve, you...

View more questions Search