Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunkinwa Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 08:09 PM
    Replaced toilet seal now pipe clogg?
    Hi
    Having read through quite a few posts here I'm pretty sure its sounding like a clog but ill give you the info to see if you can confirm.

I noticed the toilet started leaking from base and soon after started to actually sink on one side, after climbing under house (mobile home) , and seeing the water damage I can only assume it had been leaking for some time unnoticed and only got worse once the floor started collapsing. I removed toilet, cut out bad part of floor and replaced with new patch (framed it in underneath ect) refloored and replaced toilet (with new wax seal). Now when I flush toilet (or lately use any water) the drains in the sinks and tub will gurgle and bubble up a bit of water, the kitchen sink seems to drain slow, but it does drain. Note, wife just got out of bath and says that's not draining as well arrrgg. Have tried liquid Plumber (not a lot), am thinking of trying to snake, but I have to find someone who has one first and need to know best place to start etc...

Sorry if this is a long post but wanted to give as much info as I could, please let me know what my best course of action is, before calling a plumber that is. :)

I found a similar post although he's referring to the weather (it is cold here though about 4-20 degress at night, but I noticed he also said he reseated his toilet resently as well, could this be a factor? Also the user stated his drains won't drain mine do slowly but they do.
    Had to quote manually , wouldn't let me otherwise..

"Can frozen drain pipe be clog?
    Thanks for being an expert.

All the fixtures in my ground-floor bathroom addition refuse to drain. The water runs (not frozen pipes), and the plumbing in the rest of the house is fine. Before it stopped draining there was a few days of water sputtering up the shower drain and/or the sink drain when I flushed the toilet. Water does still appear to drain slowly from the shower and sink drains. I've been reading your forum and thought it might be a frozen drain-pipe as it's been -10 or worse (that's Celcius, I'm Canadian), for the past couple of weeks. I tried putting hot water and salt down the drains to no avail. I've tried plunging the toilet, also to no avail. When I first flushed the toilet to the point it over-flowed and then scooped it out into the sink, water leaked out the hallway wall, i.e. not the wall the toilet/sink/shower adjoin. My crawlspace does not extend under the bathroom addition. Should I wait for warmer weather or do I have to get someone in to start cutting up the floor? (I'm not knowledgeable, but I am enterprising and successfully reseating the toilet in my upstairs bathroom three weeks ago. Luckily, it's working like a dream.)

Yours, "
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2006, 08:47 PM
    If you have a above the ground clean out on the outside of your mobile home you need to take out the clean out plug and see if any water is standing in the pipe, If not have someone to run water in the bathtub and you watch in the clean out to see if you see water passing by. You are doing this to find out where the line is plugged. Is it down stream from the clean out or is it up stream from the clean out? That will give you a clue as to where you need to use the snake to unclog the sewer. It is possible that if you do have an outside clean out it could be a two way clean our meaning that you can go down through it to make it go back toward the house or you can make it go out away from the house.
    sunkinwa Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    If you have a above the ground clean out on the outside of your mobile home you need to take out the clean out plug and see if any water is standing in the pipe, If not have someone to run water in the bathtub and you watch in the clean out to see if you see water passing by. You are doing this to find out where the line is plugged. Is it down stream from the clean out or is it up stream from the clean out? That will give you a clue as to where you need to use the snake to unclog the sewer. It is possible that if you do have an outside clean out it could be a two way clean our meaning that you can go down through it to make it go back toward the house or you can make it go out away from the house.

Haven't hadtime to look but closest thing to a clean out that I can think of is on the drain pipe itself coming down under the house, not sure if this is what you mean, but there is nothing else outside. Alsoits not just my bathroom that's giving me the grief the kitchen sink won't drain either ( well it does just slowly) I am thinking there is either a clog on the way to the septic tank or the drain field is messed up, forgot to mention I was on septic in original post...

I took the cover off tank (to relieve pressure to see if it's the drain field as told by local plumber and it didn't do anything) so I assume it is in fact a clog on the way to the tank .cant really do too much around here during the week as it is fully dark by the time I get home from work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soil pipe from slab to pvc flange .How to seal ? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know what to seal the Pvc soil pipe with. I have a few pics to explain . We got a new toilet to replace the 1986 one that came with the house 10 years ago. We got a shock when we removed the old toilet last night ! Small roots growing under it ! It looks like who ever did the install in...

Caping a toilet pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toilet that I want to remove and cap the pipe. When I removed the toilet the pipe Which is metal or steel sticks up through the floor and has a bracket under the pipe to connect To the toilet. The pipe flanges out a little. The only way I see to remove the pipe is to cut It from...

Toilet Drain Leak - Bad Seal? [ 7 Answers ]

My home is 5 years old - first plumbing problem. Our first floor half-bath. I noticed a mold ring forming around the base of the toilet. It's coming from underneath the flooring. No smells/odor - yet. After reading other posts - I'm going to try to remove the toilet, inspect the seal /...

Toilet bowl seal [ 1 Answers ]

I took the toilet out of our bathroom. After I removed it, I found there was No wax seal, only a round rubber seal about two inches wide all the way Around. I have looked in stores for this, and have not seen one. I used A wax seal and I have a little bit of water leaking around the base. When...

No water pressure after pipe replaced [ 1 Answers ]

Hi--we had a leak in a hot water pipe in our basement--after the pipe was replaced we have lost our hot water pressure. The pipe is more narrow than the pipe that was originally there, could that be the problem?

View more questions Search