Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harry B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Water in pipes?
    It appears as though there is air in the lines at my kitchen faucet. When first turning on the water, both hot and cold, the water spits and make noises. Then, sometimes the water stops coming out, or it gradually slows to a trickle.

Also, when first turning one faucet on and then the other, the water will either stop coming out or slow down to a trickle again. I have city water and this is the only faucet with this problem. There are shut offs below the sink. Help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 05:06 PM
    What's the brand name of your faucet? Tom
    Harry B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 06:45 AM
    The brand faucet is Peerless
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 28, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Shut off the water under the cabinet and remove the handle, the cap assembly #3, the spout, the cam assembly #6, and the ball assembly/seats and springs, #7 and #8. Clean numbers 7 and 8. Hold a pan over the faucet and turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. You should have a steady stream out of the open valve body with no "spurts" or diminished flow before you reassemble. If not click on back to me. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever we run water in the house there is a humming sound about 30 seconds after water is turned off. It sounds like a water pump running, but we have city water. Seems to only happen in summer not when weather cools down. How much trouble am I in? Thanks! Hinsdale

Pipes to water Radiator [ 3 Answers ]

I have two pipes running into a radiator that is used to heat my house. One pipe for the water To go in and the other pipe that lets the water out. How do I disconnect the pipes? Im not Sure if I plan on moving the meater to anothet location. Thank you for your help

Water on A/C coils and pipes [ 4 Answers ]

A few days ago I found water in the floor next to the A/C unit. When I opened the door and checked the A/C I found water drops on the coils and the pipes, they were dripping into the rim around the A/C. I thought the drain was stopped up but there is too much water dripping and I don't remember it...

Wet hot water pipes [ 4 Answers ]

While replacing our baseboards we noticed that there was mildew on the bottom of the wall. I opened the wall and found that there is a 3/4 inch copper hot water pipe that comes up out of the slab and joins at a T about 6 inches up. Both outlets of the T are 1/2 copper. One continues up the wall and...

View more questions Search