Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    utahfriend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Gas Oven
    I have a GE XL44 Gas stove. The oven will not light. I have tried to light it with a match but still will not light. What can I do?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 25, 2006, 11:08 AM
    What kind of pilot system does it have, in other words,

Does it use a standing pilot, or a safety pilot, or an electronic ignition?

A standing pilot is similar to what you may see on one of the burner eyes above you. Its just a small open flame that is on all of the time.

A "saftey pilot" is where there is a pilot valve connected to a thermocouple or thermopile, this must detect a pilot before the oven can be operated or the pilot will go back out.

An electronic ignition is where you have some sort of electronic spark module that will spark right above the burner and light the gas. One it detects the open flame, the spark stops and the flame continues until the gas flow is interupted.

Please advise on what you have. These are about the three most common, or course there seems to be a hundred ways to light a pilot, I have seen many innovative ways but they are to many to list.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microwave oven [ 11 Answers ]

Can you tell me approximately how many amps a small microwave oven uses. I rent and my house has 15 amp circuits and my microwave keep tripping the circuit. My landlady told me my microwave uses too many amps. Can that be? Thanks so much for your help

Oven trips breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I am having tile put down and the tile guy moved the stove to tile under it. I used the stove yesterday morning. He tiled under the stove and put it back - unplugged. I went to plug it in this morning and it keeps tripping the circuit breaker. I unplugged the stove and flipped the breaker and...

Microwave oven [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore built in microwave just stopped working. Nothing works, no lights sounds or keypad response. There is power to the outlet but nothing to the microwave. I've heard there is a fuse that might be blown but don't see anyway to access the inside of the unit without taking it off the wall....

Wall oven [ 2 Answers ]

I got new wall oven. It was working for a while now it's not working. Oven light, clock and all buttons are working but the when I set it for bake it does not warm up. I have it connected directly to 220 volt outlet. Do I need fuse panel between oven and power outlet?

New Gas Oven [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I'm switching from electric to gas oven. I have a gas furnace about 20 feet away from where the oven will be installed. They are both on the same floor. Could this be a DIY job or do you you sugest a pro? If DIY could sombody please give me detailed instructions or recommend someplace I...

View more questions Search