Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smcmurry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Bathroom sink gurgling
    Our master bathroom sink is gurgling. What is the problem and what should we do?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 21, 2006, 08:31 AM
    It could be air pockets in the water as it travels through the pipes, having venting installed could help, pending that there aren't any clogs.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 21, 2006, 08:52 AM
    When you hear "gurgling" from a trap it means that the system is trying to vent. The water from your flush is racing down the pipe creation a suction. If the vent is blocked or improperly installed the rush of water pulls air through the trap in the lavatory. Hence, your gurgle. The solution is to snake out the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 15 feet more. When you're done flush the line with hot water. Hope this helps and good luck. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LOUD gurgling from sink vent pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved into 2nd floor apt in 4 story townhouse (built circa 1900). The bathroom sink vent pipe gurgles and splashes LOUDLY (wakes me up every time) when upstairs neighbors use sink. My plumber tells me the vent pipe is blocked somewhere above us, and as the water comes down the pipe it is using...

Leaky bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the shut off valve to my hot water on my bathroom sink, it begins to drip. Also, I cannot turn the shut off valve for the cold water. My sink is drippin from the faucet as well as the pipe under the sink. Any suggestions? Thanks

Help with bathroom sink [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, Here is my problem. I want to replace my vanity and sink but the existing plumbing is to the left of the sink about 4-5" I want to put in. I attached a picture for you to look at. I was wondering if I could connect an angle stop the supply lines and then a flex hose to the faucet I want to...

Gurgling noise in apartment bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

First, thanks in advance to anyone who offers up advice. I'm a relatively handy guy who likes to tackle things myself. I've owned a 60 year old rental property for two years. It's an old house chpped into six one b/r units and recently one of the tenants passed away after living in her unit for...

Bathroom sink Drains into #2 sink [ 3 Answers ]

I have bathroom sink drain problems. The master bath sink drains into the shared bathroom sink which is located directly on the other side of the wall. I recently remodeled the bathroom and the only difference in the plumbling is a horizontal length of pipe I added to accommodate the new sink...

View more questions Search