Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zipperasp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 05:09 AM
    Water in toilets is bubbling and we are on a septic tank
    The water in the toliets (2) and the kitchen sink seems to bubble. We have a septic system
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 29, 2010, 07:30 AM

Bubbles indicate a blockage. The bubbles are blowback as the discharge hits the clog and bounces back.
    The first thing I would have checked is the septic tank.
    If you know where your cleanout is open it up and cycle the washer. If you see water backing up the tank needs to be pumped.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water not flowing from attic tank to toilets etc [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We recently went without water for 48hrs and now it has been restored, the mains tap in kitchen works fine but all other taps and toilets are not flowing, including washing machine. Nothing has changed in our system and the tank in the attic is now full of water but still nothing happening,...

Two toilets water level drained after one toilet started bubbling randomly. [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a one story house with to bathrooms located 20 feet apart on 2 different drain branches that y into the lateral drain going to the sewer main. Today one toilet started bubbling one inch bubbles randomly for about 15 minutes and then drained very low but not dry with out being flushed or...

City water with septic tank [ 3 Answers ]

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question, but I'm in the middle of an argument with someone... If you have public water, but a septic tank in your yard, WHERE does the used water go? As in the bath tub or sink... once it goes down the drain, does it pour into your septic tank?

Washing machine water backing up from septic tank [ 2 Answers ]

I had my septic tank pumped in January, it needed it. Since then while washing clothes water has backed up into the downtsairs tub and toilet (wahser is down stairs as well). We have had a lot of rain recently and I read that this could cause this, is that correct? Or are there other things I can...

Grey water from Septic Tank leak? [ 3 Answers ]

We purchased a house 3 months ago and the owner disclosed they had grey water by an outside wall in the spring when it rained a lot. We ordered a septic inspection prior to buying the house and the sewage inspector said the greywater was because the sink and the shower in the basement bathroom...

View more questions Search