Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtads622 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Clogged toilet
    I am on the verge also of trying to take atoilet apart. My son flushed my plastic contaner of deodorant down the toilet. When I flush the toilet it still gurgles and filles up a lot so I know the item is still stuck. I was told it is probably too big for me to use an auger. SO my best bet would be to take the tank apart. Do I need any special tools to do this?
    vpatui Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Nov 17, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Jimminey Crickets... a Plastic container of deodorant? If you aren't competent with tools you need to hire a plumber. The deodorant isn't in the tank, it's in the base of the toilet. Imagine an S on the side of your toilet starting at the floor and ending at the outlet of your bowl. Your container is probably somewhere in there. The thing is, if you just knock it out, you will probalby make worse problems for yourself later. Drain the tank, remove the supply lines, remove the two toggle bolts holding the bowl to the floor lift it up and away. If you are not strong, you will probably need to take the tank off if it has one. Tip the toilet over and NOW you can try and get the can out. A plumber can do this in less than an hour, you will take 4 hours and two trips to the hardware store and it might leak. Oh yeah, it would be a good idea to replace the beeswax seal on the floor at the same time.

Good luck. Really.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2006, 05:59 PM
    Before you go to the hassle of pulling the toilet try to break it up and send it through or auger into it and pull it back to do this you will need a closet auger,(see image). There should be directions with the closet, which may be purchased at most hardware stores, but if you need more click on back. As for pulling the bowl yourselg and hooking it out from the bottom. Pulling a toilet bowl is a dirty messy job,( there's still a gallon of water left in the trap) best left to us dirty messy plumbers. Good luck, Tom
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Yes, when my older boys were young, we got that plastic toilet paper rod ( with the spring) in the toilet. It got into the S part and expanded.
    Even taking the toilet out and apart I never could get that out,

But yes follow speedballs suggestion, I wish he lived next door to me now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Pipe Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We have had trouble with the water emptying completely out of our washing machine. The drain hose goes to a drain pipe behind the washer. We discovered today the the drain pipe itself is partially blocked. We used both a Snake-It auger & commercial strength Drain Out crystals to unblock it but to...

Clogged Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My husband tried to plunge a backed up toilet last night and was unsuccessful. Lovely me, I get the challenge to plunge it today. :mad: I've tried for an hour to aggressively plunge it, but to no avail. Upon plunging, the water does not go down. When I flush it, the water acts as though it's...

Sink REALLY Clogged! [ 1 Answers ]

Our kitchen sink drain has been "slow" ever since we've bought the house last April. However over the last week or so, it has almost completely stopped draining at all (and the water is smelly) I have had just a friend come over and snake it previously, but I got desperate today and decided that I...

Clogged Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Please walk me through the steps to unclog my furnace oil line. I have seen the process, but not performed it myself. I have a Burnham furance with a Beckett pump/injector. I ran out of oil and now am clogged.

Tubs/toilets clogged [ 1 Answers ]

Three days ago, in our ranch house with 2 full baths, both showers were used and the water stopped draining and when the toilet was flushed it did not drain but overflowed and also caused water to start leaking in a small pinhole in the cast iron drainage pipe between bath #1 and bath #2. Bath #1...

View more questions Search