Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimtex2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 11:14 PM
    Plumbing questions
    The hot water stream in the master bathroom will come on full then slow way down to more than half the regular stream. The cold water is also slower as well. The shower still seems to be working with normal pressure, however, we do not use the shower in this bathroom at all. It has only been doing this the few days. The sink in not on an outer wall and the main bathroom is directly behind it and the faucets flow full blast in there with no problem. My husband checked the meter at the street and it moved slow when we turned on the hot water in the kitchen sink, which is normal flow, and it moved slow when I turned on the water in the master bath (the one in question), however, it moved very fast when we turned on the hot water in the main bath. We need to know what could be causing the hot water to slow down like this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 8, 2010, 07:00 AM

Your question doesn't tell me what fixture is running slow. Is it the entire bath room or just one fixture.
    If it's one fixture tell me which one it is and the brand name of the faucet.
    What's the difference between the master bath and trhe main bath? Can you repost with more details. Thanks, Tom

Jan 8, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Tom, it is the master bath faucet off the master bedroom, it is an "on-suite". We have another main bathroom for the house which is the one I referred to with the strong water pressure, and it located directly behind the wall of the master bathroom off our hallway where the other two bedrooms are located.

The faucet in question is a Delta 2530 Series and is located in the master bedroom bath. What I noticed since I posted this is that the hot water comes out at regular pressure when turned on full blast so to speak, then as it gets warmer, which takes several minutes as the bathroom is the farthest from the hot water heater, is that the stream slows way down till there is almost no hot water coming out. The cold water seems to be a stronger pressure however not the normal flow it was previously, but it does not slow way down to the same slow stream as the hot water does. We wonder could it be an aerator problem? Thanks, Kim (Fort Worth Texas)

Jan 8, 2010, 09:15 AM

Tom, It is the sink faucet, sorry.

Thanks much,
    Kim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing questions [ 1 Answers ]

I have PVC pipes under my kitchen sink and the draining water is leaking out where the pipes are put together. What should I do?

Plumbing questions [ 2 Answers ]

I own a house that's about 50 years old. Recently, I had a clogged sink and needed a plumber to snake it out. Afterward, I asked him what had caused the clog and he said "nothing - I see a lot of this with the older gavanized pipes." Is that true - that old galvanized pipes "cause" drains to...

Plumbing questions [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small leak coming from the water connection pipe that runs to the toilet. I tried to tighten the nut where the leak appears to be coming through but I can not tighten it anymore and the leak has not stopped, any suggestions?

Plumbing questions? [ 4 Answers ]

Which of the following types of copper pipe are common to plumbing work?

View more questions Search