Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mreid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 03:43 PM
    What is a loud sound in pipes after flushing a toilet mean?
    Once the tank is full, a roaring or moaning sound comes from the pipes in the wall and basement - any idea what this could be?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 30, 2009, 06:04 PM

If this is a float ball ballcoick I would suspect a loose washer. Shut the water off and remove the three screws on the top of the ballcock.
    Pull the float ball and stem assembly up and reseat the washer firmly. Before you reassemble turn the water back on to flush out the supply.
    Now reassemble and give it a flush. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud vibrating pipes after flushing! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello there! Lately when we flush the toilet, the cold water pipe starts vibrating furiously, and I don't know what I can do to stop it. Anyone know what the problem and solution is? I'll check threads and see if I can pick up some wisdom on this listserv, Thank you EVER so much for...

Loud constant vibrating sound after toilet flushing [ 4 Answers ]

After flushing the basement toilet it sometimes produced a loud vibrating sound that would usually stop if it was flushed again. Tonight the noise has not stopped after many flushings. I have also tried flushing other toilets and running different taps in the house all to no avail. Any help...

Loud sound when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I get this loud humming sound when I flush my toilet for a minute or less, what could it be?

Loud moaning sound in pipes after flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I flush my toilet there is a very loud moaning, like a tuba sound, that comes from the pipes. It can make this sound for quite awhile after the toilet has finished flushing and has become filled. It is so loud it rattles the wall. What can I do to stop this?

Loud vibrating sound after flushing toilet, using wash basin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The townhome I am living in is just 5 years old. From the last one and a half months, in the master bedroom toilet, we have been hearing loud vibrating sound after we flush the toilet or even after we use the counter top. Initially, about a month back, we would hear this sound only once...

View more questions Search