Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lesliepass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Low Pressure on Hot Water Side in two sided tub faucet
    I am in escrow on a home, extremely well-maintained, 17-yr old home.

The master has a jucuzzi style tub. The faucet has two knobs, one for hot, one for cold. The cold comes out fine. When the inspector turned on the hot water, the faucet leaked and the hot water pressure was low. He suspected it might be a valve-stem needing replacement.

We're told the Seller's plumber replaced the valve stem but the pressure is still a little low.

I'm concerned this could be a major problem later on as the true problem is revealed.

The tub looks like it's never been used, but I'm not sure how old it is.

The shower is separate.

Any clues?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 11, 2006, 03:29 PM
    Before we can help we need the brand and model number of the tubs faucet. It sounds like some crud broke loose from the pipe wall and is now clogging the seat. Let me know what you have and I'll tell you how to repair it. The plumber might have replaced the stem and washer but I'll bet the farm he didn't flush out the supplies. Regards, Tom
    shamilton Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliepass
    I am in escrow on a home, extremely well-maintained, 17-yr old home.

The master has a jucuzzi style tub. The faucet has two knobs, one for hot, one for cold. The cold comes out fine. When the inspector turned on the hot water, the faucet leaked and the hot water pressure was low. He suspected it might be a valve-stem needing replacement.

We're told the Seller's plumber replaced the valve stem but the pressure is still a little low.

I'm concerned this could be a major problem later on as the true problem is revealed.

The tub looks like it's never been used, but I'm not sure how old it is.

The shower is separate.

Any clues?
    I live in Maine and have a well. My water pressure has always been bad. My wife and my children have always complained that they can not rinse the soap off their skin or the shampoo out of their hair. I think that I bought and tried every shower head that I could ever find in every home center and hardware store in New England. They were all junk!! Finally I found the solution at a small home show in Portland. A company was there that specializes in shower heads for low water pressure. Their name was Water Management in Boston, MA, and their website address is www.TAKEASHOWER.COM. They sold me a shower head that worked so well with my low water pressure that it almost felt like we had drilled another well. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!! Unlike all the other shower heads we bought this one actually worked. If you are suffering from low water pressure you MUST visit this website. I only wish that I had found this company 10 years ago when I first moved to Maine because I would have eliminated a decade of suffering in the shower for me, my wife and my family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure at the shower/tub [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a serious problem in one of my bathrooms. The cold water pressure of the shower/tub is fine. But when I turned the knob towards the hot, the pressure drops all of a sudden, too low to take a hot shower. The sink 3 feet away has both excellent hot and cold water pressure. I suspect...

Low Water pressure in new lavatory faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new peerless water faucet in a new sink in our bathroom. I have a very low water pressure flowing and cannot get it to increase. I installed it according to directions, What is wrong?

Low water pressure outside faucet [ 1 Answers ]

One outdoor faucet water pressure has decreased dramatically in the last month. Other two are fine. No new plumbing installations recently. Copper pipes. No leaks detected. Easy to access. Silcock looks to be 10 yrs old or less. House built in 1967. Sound like a new spigot or just a washer...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

Low water pressure on cold side of shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do (look for) to find out why the cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I don't have a hot water tank...

View more questions Search