Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoda Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 09:29 PM
    R.V. freezing tonight, drained water, added A.F, but pump sucking air.what to do?
    Hi ! Hope someone can help. We just drained all water lines and tanks.
    My husband has winterized one time before about 3 years ago, and did same procedure: drained all water and lines, then He added antifreeze into water tank, turned on pump. And pump sucked it into all lines.. and out faucets, etc. And it was fine all winter.

This time, he has done same thing. Only,. Pump is running, but sounds like it is sucking air, and won't suck up antifreeze into lines. What ought we to do, to get pump working? (maybe last time he left some water in tank and that is why it worked.. and this time, water is completely drained? And pump needs priming ? )
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2009, 07:27 AM

You are correct. Your pump's lost its prime. Open the top of the impeller housing and pour water into it until it overflows. Now try it. If you can't keep water in the impeller housing then you have a faulty foot/check valve. Good luck, Tom
    yoda Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 08:25 AM

Thank you very much, will try today. Hope things didn't freeze up. We did best we could yesterday afternoon. But we have r.v. mechanic on call this morning, in case we can't get it running.
    Thanks again VERY much !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One toilet sucking water from another when flushing [ 5 Answers ]

Two Kohler toilets (low profile, one piece) are installed back to back (powder room and master bath), sharing the same waste/vent stack. The master bath toilet is equipped with a Kohler electric flush system. When flushed, if creates a powerful suction that drains most of the water from the...

Water leaking from refrierator. Water turned off - drained. [ 2 Answers ]

I have water (10 gal a day) leaking from my refrierator. All water is off and drained. Where can it be coming from? Can it be from auto defrost?

Low pressure, hot water, backflushed, drained tank [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like a more thorough description of this if possible. I've done everything I can think of other than checking this nipple. My pipes look like copper. The house is about 15 years old. Water pressure was great one day and had dropped to about 1/4 or less the very next day (it didn't drop...

View more questions Search