Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 08:12 PM
    Flotec pressure switches
    I need to replace the pressure control switch for my home well & pump. Current switch has external lever to switch it on and off. Found replacements in local store either with external lever but slightly different rating (30/50) or without the external lever but proper rating (40/60). Question is, is the external lever necessary? Fortunately the current switch still works but a workman working on my water softener told me I needed to replace this switch 'soon'. Thanks. Jeff
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 04:51 AM

The external lever is actually a safety device. The switch will turn itself off if pressure drops to 10# or so below the cut in pressure. It does this because the switch "assumes" the pump is running dry and that's why the pressure drops so low. It is not essential.

However, you can buy the 30/50 switch and simply adjust it up to 40/60. This site tells how to do it.

I'd want to know why the switch should be replaced. If it's working, then what's the problem?

How to adjust water pump pressure, pump cut-on pressure and pump cut-off pressure - private pump and well system do-it-yourself repairs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusted switches, pressure good, pump won't shut off now [ 12 Answers ]

So I solved one problem, water pressure by adjusting the pressure switches as numerous threads suggested. Problem is the pump won't shut off now. Its my girlfriends place, it's a shallow well with a jet pump and bladder tank. The pressure gauge which is in line with the tank does not function...

DIY Replacing Bladder In Flotec FP7110T-04 Pressure Tank [ 16 Answers ]

Does anyone have any tips or additional instructions? We're replacing the bladder in our Flotec FP7110T-04 42 gal. water pressure tank. We have the new bladder, expensive !@#$%^&*! That it is. No instructions came with it. The old one ruptured. Water came out the air valve. The plan is to: shut...

Flotec pressure tank [ 3 Answers ]

Just install a 19 gallon pressure tank to pump.set tank pressure at 28lbs was not able to get water to go into tank.water would come out of water faucett.lower pressure in tank to 20lbs was able only to get about 3 gallons in tank running the pump for appx 5 minutes.does this sound like the pump is...

Three way switches [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wiring my basement and have two three-way switches in a two gang box. The left switch (S1) and another 3-way control four recessed lights. I want the switch on the right of the box (S2) to control another set of recessed lights. I want to power S2 using jumpers from S1. Is this possible? If...

Flotec FP4815 pump not cutting in correctly. [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my "flotec" FP4815 automatic booster pump. I just purchased and installed it. A plumber on this site (I think he is "speedball"?) had helped someone else by telling him to use a pressure tank with this system. I had a pressure tank from an old system, so I did that. ...

View more questions Search