Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremyColombe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Air coming up flush box
    When I flush my tank air/water comes up through the tube that the float connects to and causes a "whish" sounds. Almost like a studder flush the float drops a little but the toilet dosen't flush just the noice and air in the flush box. Driving me nuts think it may be a venting issue but it seems like if someone has a tap running downstairs it does not do it until the tap stops same for the shower in the room with the toilet if you flush, then shower, it does not make the noise till after you turn off the shower. What should I do first I already covered my vent in the shower with a wet rag and plunged it stopped for a little while but came back.

Thanks in advance for any help :)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2009, 05:38 PM

It's not a venting problem. The easiest thing to do would be to replace the ballcock. If you wish to work on it yourself shut the water off at the angle stop under the tank.
    Remove the three screws and pull the float ball abd stem assembly up. Pry the washer aqnd reseat it firmly, Now place a pan over the open ballcock and turn the water back on to flush out the supply. You should hear a strong stream when you do this. If not click on back and tell me about it. Reassemble and give it a flush. Better now? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Air bubbles coming from toilet... overflow on flush, occasionally empties and... [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a modern condomiunim. My unit is next to the laundry room (wondering if that's relevant due to the washers). Occasionally, the toilet gets air bubbles for about a minute. If I try to flush during this period, the toilet just overflows and the water doesn't empty. I tried using a...

Gas burner control box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Who can provide me a simple gas burner control box circuit diagram. Thank

Fuse box [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes::rolleyes:I'm looking to change my Fuse Box (House) from a 100/amp to a 200/amp main fuse box for more space to add outlets 120/v & 240/v is there going any issues with the power from the electric pole or wiring from meter to new box:rolleyes::rolleyes:? (Don't know if the above 120-240...

Furnace heat distribution box? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know what size to build the heat distribution box? It is located in my crawl space and has some leaks from rust/rot. I have rerouted and added 2 extra vents. Was told if the box is too small it will choke out the furnace, if too big I will not get any pressure through the ducts to the...

View more questions Search