Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoohoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Connecting pvc pipe to cast iron pipe
    How can 3" PVC pipe be connected to 3" no hub cast iron pipe?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 08:33 PM

You can use a neoprene connector that will just slip on the 3 inch cast iron and also the 3 inch PVC and then it has two stainless steel bands that you tighten up to seel it the pipe.

One brand is called a Fernco adapter.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Hi Yoohoon:

If this work will be above ground I would recommend that you purchase a 3" PVC x 3" cast iron SHIELDED CLAMP... see left image below. These are available at home depot, Lowe's or menards home improvement stores.

If the work will be below ground then you could purchase a 3" fernco coupling as seen in the picture on the right.

Let us know if you have questions...

MARK

Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe [ 6 Answers ]

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe

Cast iron vs PVC pipe [ 7 Answers ]

We need new flood control inour home. Why is cast iron pipe required over pvc? Thanks.

How to cut cast iron pipe. [ 6 Answers ]

Im trying to get a fairly straigh cut on the cast iron 2 inch pipe that I accessed through a hole in the concrete foundation. Short of making the hole entirely to large to use my saws all, I don't know what to do!!

Pvc and cast iron pipe [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove pvc threaded coupling from rusted cast iron pipe? Want to be able to reinstall new pvc coupling in cast iron pipe. Thanks in advanced.

Connecting PVC Line to Cast Iron pipe [ 5 Answers ]

I am adding a second bathroom to an older 1-1/2 story house. I had planned to tie into the existing waste line. The existing toilet is on the first floor and discharges directly into a vertical cast iron pipe which appears to be 6 inches in diameter. This vertical pipe connects in the crawl space...

View more questions Search