Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkbannon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Low hot water pressure in kitchen faucet
    I have low hot water pressure in my kitchen sink. The cold comes out strong, but the hot only trickles. It's a two year old Kohler faucet with only one handle and has a sprayer. I checked the pressure coming from the wall under the sink and it feels very strong.
    FJM Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Check the supply tubing coming off the hot water stop under the sink . It might be kinked,
    If it a braded speddy simply straighten it . If its riged copper it may need to be changed.
    Itif that's not the case then try turning off the water and removing the cartridge from the faucet it should rattle when you shake it if not tap it on the palm of your hand and re insert it .
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 11, 2009, 07:10 PM

Unless something was done under the sink the line is not likely to kink by itself. Its most likely that debris from the water heater is blocking the hot inlet on the mixing valve. Remove the valve or cartridge and clear it. If not sure how to do this try downloading a manual from Kohler. KOHLER: Product List: Kitchen Sink Faucets: Faucets: Kitchen
    CELLO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 11:45 PM

On the second floor apt. kitchen and the first floor apt. kitchen and bathroom, the hot water runs full for a second and then stops. The cold water is full force.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water faucet making noise and losing pressure? [ 2 Answers ]

What would cause a bathroom hot water faucet to loose pressure after it's running for a few moments and make a loud noise?

Low hot Water Pressure at Kitchen Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

About two weeks ago our kitchen faucet started losing water pressure, especially the hot water pours pretty slow. I have a walter filter tied into the cold line, it is also lower than normal but the hot water is pathetic. All the other faucets in the house have OK pressure, they haven't changed,...

Kitchen faucet has low water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Price Pfister Maricelle model T26-4NCC. In the last 3-4 months I have noticed that my water pressure is 1/2 what is should be. Every once in a while, for a short period, the water pressure will be better, but still not what is should be. The water pressure is great everywhere else in the...

No water pressure in my kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. We purchased an older home back in August. The whole house has great water pressure except for our kitchen sink. The spray nozzle has good pressure however the water that comes out of the faucet is a steady trickle. We have taken the screen out at the end of the...

Low water pressure from kitchen faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I turn on my hot or cold and just getting half of what I should have, I checked the aereator and it it OK, Fixture is 2 yrs old, hot and cold handles. I unscrewed top knob to take apart but could not unscrew the handle or cap. Help

View more questions Search