Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dre227 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 12:42 PM
    Water backing up into Toilets and bathtub
    :confused:

We have 2 bathrooms in our house... 1 w/ shower and toilet and 1w/ tub and toilet. Today the water backed up in both toilets and in the tub but not in the shower. I heard a 'gurgling' noise and then water started backing up. This has happened once before about 5 months ago then it happened again today? What could it be?

Thanks so much,
    Dre227
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 4, 2006, 03:04 PM
    You have a blockage in the house main. It puzzles me that it didn't back up in the shower since that's much lower then the toilet and liquid always seeks its own level. But anyway the drains must be snaked and cleared. I would start on the lavatory roof vent in the bathroom that's the farthest downstream. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilets gurgling/backing up/smells [ 1 Answers ]

I have had plumbers and the city waste department but no help they tell me it is the others problem. My downstairs 3 toilets start gurgling, then the water level drops then rises quickly causing over flow. My shower and tub downstairs then fill up. The city guy came this morning and told me the...

No water to toilets [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I woke up this morning, took a shower made coffee used the toilet and discovered that there was no water supply filling the tank. I checked my other toilet and discovered the same problem. I have water throughout the house just not in my two toilets. The house is less than 4 years old....

Toilets fill with water but will not flush [ 1 Answers ]

I have two toilets which are back to back on either side of a wall. I am experiencing occasional problems with both toilets flushing. I have a convntional septic system and the tank was cleaned out about two years ago before I purchaced the home. I called the company who cleaned it and asked if...

Water backing up in shower... [ 3 Answers ]

When I do laundry, the water backs up in2 the shower, when I take a shower, I get standing water in the shower. I've snaked, used chemicals, nothing works, can't really afford a plumber, can any 1 help me PLEASE!!

Toilets bubbling; drains backing up--Help! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've seen some problems similar to the one I'm having, but mine is slightly different. Our home is a little over 20 years old, and about 6 weeks ago, we started having some plumbing problems. Our toilets began bubbling, occasionally overflowing, after flushing, and the drains in our tub and...

View more questions Search