Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donald 77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Converting from cast iron to pvc 4 inch
    Hi I was wondering I have a 4 in cast iron that has a hole in it and I need to replace with pvc what would I do to replace I know some what about plumbing I just don't know anything about cast iron
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 12:33 AM

Open the link below will give you an idea, Thanks.

John

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...vc-258134.html
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 5, 2009, 05:03 AM
    What has the hole? A fitting or a pipe? If a fitting what is it and if it's a pipe is it vertical or horizontal? Please give us something to work with here? Regards, Ton

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe [ 6 Answers ]

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe

4 inch cast iron main cracked [ 3 Answers ]

4 inch cast iron main drain has a slow leak at what I think are small cracks in the line at the Y of the clean out just before it goes into the slab of the basement floor. It is old stuff, the house was built around 1902. What are my options in fixing this. Thanks in advance.

Cast iron vertical from cast iron horizontal can be pvc? [ 2 Answers ]

A leak developed in the main cast iron vertical stack of pipes leading to the horizontal main drain. Unfortunately, for me, the leak was so close to the ground that I had to break the concrete slab of the house. At that point, it just made sense to dig an extra 4 inches or so and remove the bad...

Utility Sink connected to 5 inch cast iron waste line [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased an home that was built well before plumbing. Apparently the waste line was installed before 4" became the standard, so my home has 5" cast iron which all of the professionals around here swear they've never seen before. The utility sink is connected after the y, by a "saddle...

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search