Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike mcmahon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 05:16 AM
    Flotec pressure tank
    Just install a 19 gallon pressure tank to pump.set tank pressure at 28lbs was not able to get water to go into tank.water would come out of water faucett.lower pressure in tank to 20lbs was able only to get about 3 gallons in tank running the pump for appx 5 minutes.does this sound like the pump is going bad.please help need water thanks mike
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 7, 2009, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike mcmahon View Post
    Just install a 19 gallon pressure tank to pump.set tank pressure at 28lbs was not able to get water to go into tank.water would come out of water faucett.lower pressure in tank to 20lbs was able only to get about 3 gallons in tank running the pump for appx 5 minutes.does this sound like the pump is going bad.please help need water thanks mike
    Sounds like your punp isn't pumping to pressure. Does it ever shut off? If your control box is a 30/50 PSI setting then the tank setting should be 28 PSI with the pump off and the pressure bled off. What's the top pressuire your pump gets to? Regards, Tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 05:53 AM

We see this complaint all the time. When you first begin using a bladder tank, there is air both above and below the bladder. The air below the bladder prevents the tank from filling as it should. As you use the tank, the air below the bladder will gradually go away as it is dissolved into the water. This will take a few weeks. Be patient. BTW, set the pressure above the bladder to 2# below the pressure at which the pump cuts on.

If you want to check your pump, simply turn on an outside faucet and see how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Do this several times, back to back, and post your results.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 7, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Jlisnbe is correct about breaking in a bladder tank but what concerns me is that with the tank correctly charged you could get no pressure out of your faucet. What's the pressure read when the pump shuts off? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DIY Replacing Bladder In Flotec FP7110T-04 Pressure Tank [ 16 Answers ]

Does anyone have any tips or additional instructions? We're replacing the bladder in our Flotec FP7110T-04 42 gal. water pressure tank. We have the new bladder, expensive !@#$%^&*! That it is. No instructions came with it. The old one ruptured. Water came out the air valve. The plan is to: shut...

Bigger pressure tank or increase pressure? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a new home and the builder had installed a 20 gal pressure tank. I have a jet pump system where the motor sits directly on the tank itself. I really notice the pump running a bit,but also notice the loss of pressure quickly, especially in the shower. Now I was thinking of buying a much...

Loss of water pressure w/new pressure tank [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a question involving my plumbing. I was having terrible water pressure and I checked the pressure at the pump itself and it was great. Went to the pressure tank and it was trickling. Shut down power to pump and drained system - checked air pressure and it was not...

Pressure tank won't hold pressure only 20psi [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am lost at what to do. Early this week when running water, especially the shower after a few minutes the water pressure would go way down. After letting it off and let it sit the pressure would come back but only for a short time. Got worse as the week went on until we never got...

Deep well, pressure tank/switch not building pressure [ 13 Answers ]

The only way I have water pressure is to leave the power on! I have replaced the 5 gallon pressure tank (28psi when void of water)/fittings/pressure gauge and tried 3 new 30/50 pressure switches and the problem remains the same. With the power off, the pressure drops to 0 (not 30). When I...

View more questions Search