Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muskman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Washing machine drain overflow
    My washing machine, because of where I have to place it, has an extension on the drain hose. On nearly every wash, it overflows BEFORE it proceeds to drain normally. It usually dumps about a pint or two of water on the floor in the laundry room at the start of a rinsing/draining cycle, then after it does that it drains normally for the remainder of the cycle.
    Any suggestions or ideas as to what the problem is?
    Thanks a bunch--
    Muskman
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 03:16 PM

What size is the standpipe? How high is it? and is the trap vented?
    muskman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 03:25 PM
    I guess my standpipe (it projects upward and outward from the wall behind the washer) is about 40" high. To the best of my knowledge, it is probably not vented.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 03:52 PM

Has the drain always overflowed or did it just start overflowing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain overflow [ 11 Answers ]

We recently built an addition onto our house which includes a laundry room. The plumber installed a washer box with valves and 1.5" drain about 3' from floor. The maytag washer has overflowed right from day one. I have seen some of your replies to other people with this problem and they include...

Washing machine drain overflow [ 17 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the drain pipe overflows even after I successfully flushed the drain line with a bladder and power hose. I also flushed the vent system, but there is still overflow. What now coach?:confused:

Washing Machine Overflow Drain Pan [ 10 Answers ]

GREETINS! I just found the site... This is fantastic! I'm installing and overflow drain pan under my washer. Ultimately, I want to tie the pan's drain line into the main three inch line under the house. My question is do I need to install a trap in the pan's drain line? KT

Washing machine drain overflow [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, I need help with a used washing machine I'm trying to hook up. (I need a lot of help, LOL) The biggest problem that I'm not sure what to do about is that when it starts to drain (spin), the water splashed out a LOT of water all around the drain hose. What I have is two faucets...

Washing machine drain overflow [ 12 Answers ]

We live in a rural area. Most people send the drain water from the washing machine out to their septic tank or a french drain. Our problem: when our washing machine drains a second time in a cycle - the waste water backs up out of the stand pipe. The stand pipe is 2" in diameter, reduces at a...

View more questions Search