Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChrisyAus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Converting shower to bath use
    I am moving into a rental property that does not have a bath, but have a 3 year old who loves his baths. Is there a product on the market that can be fitted into a shower recess, to hold water and allow children to have a splash – like a removable shower-sized bath? Or a plastic or inflatable toddler size bath (baby baths are too small)? Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 10:22 AM

The shower stall is likely not water tight any higher thhan 3-4". Since this is a rental I would suggest something like a muck bucket Muck Bucket or better yet a small plastic child's swimming pool sold at places like Walmart.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 01:53 PM

Largest plastic storage bin you can find at Home Depot or Lowe's that will fit in the shower stall.
    glassdoc Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2009, 03:19 PM

If your floors are water safe (not wood or carpet), put a washrag over the drain and fill to near the bottom of the curb of the shower. This will get you 3-4 inches of water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting Bath Drain [ 1 Answers ]

How do I convert a bath tub drain to a shower drain? The bathtub drain is an inch and a half pipe and I need to convert it into a 2 inch PVC. The house that I am working in has a concrete foundation.

Converting shower stall to tiled bath [ 5 Answers ]

My minute Manhattan bathroom has a 36" x 36" tiled shower stall enclosed by 3 walls (yes, the bathroom is only 36" wide!) and a 6" marble ledge. The whole bathroom, tiles and all, is going to be demolished for the remodel. Here's my question: can I make a small soaking-type bathtub in this 36"...

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

Converting bath to handheld shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old claw foot tub in my downstairs bathroom and it has a "double basin faucet" spout instead of the regular single spout. Which means the cold water comes out one spout and hot comes out another. I need to find some type of hose adapter that would allow me to hook up an hand held doggy...

Converting bath to shower [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to remove my standard bath tub and install a large shower stall , all on a concrete slab. My question is with the drain. Do I have to slope the new floor over to the existing drain? Break up the concrete and move the drain? How large do pre-made shower bases come? ...

View more questions Search