Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 15, 2009, 05:57 AM
    Before the county put in water I had a 1/2 horse centrifugal pump pulling water from a 40 foot well. Unless you want to oversize 1/2 horse should do the trick.
    would this pump pull water up via some type of hose from my well on the intake side then I could attach a hose on the out-take side to my holding tank??
    Not quite that simple but close. While you could connect a hose to the discharge ( I prefer a more permanent set up with PVC) You should run PVc and install a check valve near the pump and a sand point in the well to screen out any crud that maybe down there. The image I've put up should give you a rough Idea of what I'm talking about.
    Don't discard the siphon thingy. It has merit. No maintenance or operating expense. On the job 24/7 at no cost to you. No equipment to purchase or electricity to run. You could install float ballcocks on the watering troughs and forget it.
    That's the upside.
    The downside would be in trying to figure just where to place the holding tank in relation to the well point and carving out a shelf in the hill for it to set on.
    Ain't it great to have options?: Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jet pump without a pressure tank [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1550 gallon holding tank 4 feet from my jet pump by craftsman. The pump is 3 feet from the house. It is used as a cabin in which we use about 300 gallons one weekend out of the month. I was wondering if I have to use a pressure tank. I don't mind the pump kicking on each time we use...

Pressure in a booster pump tank [ 7 Answers ]

Were can the pressure go in a booster pump tank. The bladder is not punchered

Pressure tank on well pump [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a power outage and when the power came back on there was no pressure in the system, I think the pressure tank needs to be reset?

Well pump pressure tank [ 3 Answers ]

I am having problems with my pump. Most of the time when I turn the water on (flush the toilet, etc.) I hear a sort of nocking on the pipes. I believe my pump is turning on and off at a constant. My husband has replaced the box that has the voltage regulator and the capacitor in it. The capacitor...

View more questions Search