Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sizemore15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Hot water faucet head gets hot
    Hello forum,

I'm a homeowner/handyman and need a site like this for general repairs around the home. I have very old faucets in my home and have noticed (since children) that the hot water faucet head gets very hot when on. Is the only solution to replace the faucet system? This is in both bathtubs.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 03:38 PM

The head will not get any hotter than the water coming out of the spout. I would check the setting on the water heater and maybe lower it a bit. There really should be no need to replace the fuacet. Are you talking about the handle of the faucet?

Welcome to the site. There are many answers to be had here. Stick around and we will do our best to help you in every aspect of plumbing. The regulars here(pros, mind you) have extensive experience and its not often that at least one of them won't help. So once again, you've come to the right place. Take care.

Lee
    sizemore15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    the head will not get any hotter than the water coming out of the spout. I would check the setting on the water heater and maybe lower it a bit. There really should be no need to replace the fuacet. Are you talking about the handle of the faucet?

Welcome to the site. There are many answers to be had here. Stick around and we will do our best to help you in every aspect of plumbing. The regulars here(pros, mind you) have extensive experience and its not often that at least one of them wont help. So once again, youve come to the right place. Take care.

Lee
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm talking specifically about the handle getting hot.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 24, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Check the thermostat setting on the water heater. The temperature setting should be 120 F. If it's any higher then that then dial it back. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

Water coming out of the tub faucet & the shower head at the same time? [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a one handle Kohler faucet for the bath tub, when water is turned on and the shower converter button is in the down position the water comes out of the tub faucet and the shower head at the same time. When the shower converter button is pulled up water will only come out of the...

Water comes out of shower head and faucet [ 5 Answers ]

When I turn my tub on the water comes out normal the problem is when I turn the shower handle it comes out the shower head but still comes out the faucet as if I never turned it on. I have already changed out the seats and washers and did not fix anything I'm stumped.

Low water pressure at shower head and tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I had good water pressure but it has become less and less,so I removed the valves in the cold and hot handles figuring there was debris to be flushed out. When I turned water on with valves out the stream hit the back of the tub (about 5 feet). I flushed them out for a few minutes (rusty water,...

How to increase water pressure low at master shower is it the shoer head or faucet [ 4 Answers ]

What is causing low water pressure at master shower faucet or shower head what can be done to correct

View more questions Search